konalavadome

Hey there everyone

• 4 Replies

stevot

• Busker
« on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:42 PM »
Hi,
I can't believe that I only just thought about joining a forum with other singer songwriters in it.
but hey ho, looking forward to sharing creative thoughts with you lot.

erm... I guess you should know a bit about what I've done so far with my music (not that it matters in the slightest)
... I was the lead singer, bassist and main songwriter in a band that mainly gigged around the midlands, supporting bands such as 'The Futureheads'... 'The Hoosiers'... 'Eastern Conference Champions'... etc.
But as we we're slowly getting better gigs... we decided to call it a day (HAHA)

I've recently started to do solo gigs and well... It's a whole different ball game... but I guess it means I get to decide when I want to share the profits with someone haha.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »
Hey Stevot - welcome to our friendly little corner of the net. I'm sure you'll find plenty of like minded folks here to talk shop with.

Playing solo gigs can be quite liberating don't you find? Of course, picking the right venue can be a challenge!

Welcome aboard :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:16:48 PM »
Welcome, welcome...

It's a shame to hear you guys packed it in when you were really moving somewhere but hey, life can be like that...

Good to have you here!
Defective Elector

stevot

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »

Playing solo gigs can be quite liberating don't you find? Of course, picking the right venue can be a challenge!

yeah, it's definitely nice to have a bit more freedom on stage.
as far as venues go, I'm quite lucky to be in touch with a promoter in Birmingham who is really good at putting me in venues that suit me... and with these solo gigs, I'm quite liking a small venue called 'the sunflower lounge'  it's nice intimate and chilled.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
Hey ho Stevot!

welcome