Music Xray

• 4 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
I would love to know people´s experiences of Music Xray - the good, the bad and the ugly...they do tend to make it sound as though you´re almost about to get a song placed...which I guess is great marketing on their part.

Anyone else use them?

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
No-one at all? I am guessing they are like Taxi in that it is extremely difficult to get your songs chosen...

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
I had never heard of them, but I looked them up after reading your post. I still don't know anything about them, of course, so not too helpful....

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 05:01:18 PM »
I had never heard of them, but I looked them up after reading your post. I still don't know anything about them, of course, so not too helpful....

;D

They publish opportunities for song and music placements (film, TV or with other artists), which get a guaranteed listen and feedback by the promotional company. You have to pay a small fee for each submission though.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
I use Music XRay a bit and have had limited success. I think mostly the opportunities don't match my style of music much. Lots of Hip Hop stuff on there that I can't submit for.
I have submitted to maybe 10 opportunities (all of which you pay to submit) and from that have 1 song on hold, so nothing from it but waiting to see if the guy can sell it on.

I think it is fine as a service but just don't submit anything unless you really think you have a song that is perfect for the opportunity, is produced and mastered well enough etc. It's really got to be PERFECT!

Personally I might try looking at SongLink or Taxi to see if they are looking for things more my style.

Tom.