« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »
Rock'n'roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West Country Country Boy

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 02:09:13 PM »
Oh, man! I wish I could go to that! I am eager to see the video!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Got the recording available. Unfortunately no video. So It's audio only, recorded on a phone but it gives you the essence  :)

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/john-bradley-live-at-the-wedgewood-rooms-acoustic

Better start practicing for the final  :) May try a couple of others out acoustic.

Cheers

John

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 10:13:06 AM »
Sounding good John! Congrats on the victory again - give it some more in the final. I presume you had strap locks in place so the guitar wouldn't fall while you were doing the high kicks?

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2016, 10:21:05 AM »
Great stuff, John...you did brilliant there - the songs stood up great with only vocals and guitar...

Much admiration here :)

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
Came over really well - vocals sounding great and confident.
Congrats!

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2016, 02:56:28 PM »
Sounding good, my friend. Sounding very good. You've got my vote.
West Country Country Boy

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 11:18:31 PM »
ive never looked in this thread before i thought it was some tv prog people were watching like 'the voice'!
havent you done well john! your voice sounds just as good live as on your recordings its just a pity you cant have all your music backing you like you do here to show them what you can realy do
good luck in the final...what about smoke bombs & setting fire to your guitar for  a finale  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »
Well, the final was last night and I didn't win but had a great experience playing live again after 20 years. Great constructive comments from the judges who said I had the best song in the comp but wanted to award the recording studio prize to the act who would most benefit from it and as it was a group of 22 year old lads, fair play.What made my day was that the review in the local rag described me as a Punk Tinged Singer Songwriter  :) Got some youtube snippets that I will post in the next couple of days.

Cheers Pompeyjazz

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
Aw...had my money on you to win it, John...shame that the judges of "it's all about the song" didn't give first prize to the guy who they said had the best song  :D
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:19 PM »
All about the Biz I think Paul. Anyway, had a great experience although I was pretty nervous. Comment I had that cracked me up from one of the judges was 'you should consider allowing a younger contemporary artist to record your songs they are so good" Ha ha ha ha  :)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 12:53:56 AM »
Aw...had my money on you to win it, John...shame that the judges of "it's all about the song" didn't give first prize to the guy who they said had the best song  :D

Exactly what I was going to say...well done anyway John on a great run getting to the final. CanĀ“t wait to see the YouTube vids!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:37 AM »
Ageism...bah!

If you can't do it, then neither can Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, Mick Jagger, Cher, etc, etc. I think, if yours was the best song, then it should have won. I'm glad you had a good experience, anyway. I'll have to manage to see the videos, once they're posted.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:57 AM »
We know the truth! You'll show them. Main thing was to enjoy it I guess. Where are you playing next?  ;)