'Oi, Mate!' - music required, please

• 5 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:38:28 PM »
Amended from previous deleted post. I'm sorry about that.

Hi,
I'd like some Chas & Dave style music for these words if anyone could try?
If anyone is interested, please let me know.Thankyou : :)
Marrianna

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:58:17 AM by Marrianna »

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:50:54 PM »
Hi Marrianna

I Love This it's got that Old Kent Road feel about it I think this is a great song for Chas & Dave would be a really good party song a great write good luck with this.

Cheers

Royston   

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:27:46 PM »
Thanks, Royston, it is good to see you here!

I'm going to give it a try and thanks for the encouragement.  :)

Marrianna

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 03:05:17 AM »
HI,
I asked (3 posts above) if anyone would be interested in trying to write some music for a Chas and Dave style song.
If there is anyone, just let me know and I can send the words which were on here previously.

Thanks everyone
Marrianna :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »
Hi Royston (and all who may have seen I posted some words for a new song 'Oi, Mate'. :) )

Just in case you are wondering why I have taken the words down so quickly, the reason is that I am not sure how the collaborations thread works and whether we can just post our music or lyrics here
without being connected with the critiquing part of the Forum.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that some people post their own work but don't critique other's work or take part on the Forum, so that set me off thinking that maybe I could be seen that way. (although I have tried taking part by sharing music experiences and collaborating, sometimes in earlier days contributing ideas if anyone has asked for help in any way.) So that is why I have taken my words down and just left the first part asking anyone interested to contact me.

Thankyou again to Royston,

and I hope that this explains the disappearance of the words and maybe when all the rules and everything have been set out again in time, things will be clearer, especially about rights to post connected with the critique side of things.

I suspect this could have been posted in The Bar but thought I'd post it here following taking my words away on this thread.

Best Wishes
Marrianna

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 12:44:23 AM »
You are absolutely fine posting music and lyrics in this part of the forum if you are looking for collaborators - even if you don't participate in the other main reviews forums

The posters that annoy some members are the ones that keep posting their own music for reviews (and/or promotion & publicity) but do not review others

I welcome anyone that just wants to participate in the "other" parts of the forum - Ie the writing process, recording, collaborations and bar forums
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic