song needs lyrics

• 11 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« on: March 02, 2016, 02:22:03 AM »
This a recording of just me playing piano - it's a song with no lyrics.
My initial thoughts were a duo - male/female with the couple exchanging wedding "vows" - thus the title. But I'm open to other lyrical approaches :)
Currently sounds like a show tune but I think it could be adapted to another genre.
Let me know if you are interested - if we end up collab'ing you'll likely earn millions as co-writer when this goes viral and hits the charts :).

https://soundcloud.com/paulcanuck/this-promise/s-HRsuk

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
Hi Paulski - lovely slightly melancholic tune and playing (thank god all that happy love song competition nonsense is behind us!). I have a slightly melancholic lyric in progress called "Limit to Love" (which oddly starts with the word "promises") and this might be just the thing to complete it.

Do you mind if I have a play around and see whether there's a fit? If you have floods of other offers then of course don't wait for me but I'll try not to hang around. Can you send or point me to a .wav?

Will be a pleasure to share those millions and I promise they will not change me...

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »
Hi Paulski - lovely slightly melancholic tune and playing (thank god all that happy love song competition nonsense is behind us!). I have a slightly melancholic lyric in progress called "Limit to Love" (which oddly starts with the word "promises") and this might be just the thing to complete it.

Do you mind if I have a play around and see whether there's a fit? If you have floods of other offers then of course don't wait for me but I'll try not to hang around. Can you send or point me to a .wav?

Will be a pleasure to share those millions and I promise they will not change me...
Hey Adam - I'd be honoured, my good man - I've seen your lyrics :)
I'll make it downloadable on SC tonight (in Canada :)) Is mp3 OK?
BTW - you'll notice the verses are 3/4 and the chorus is 4/4 - just to make it challenging :)
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »
BTW - you'll notice the verses are 3/4 and the chorus is 4/4 - just to make it challenging :)

I knew there was something going on but hadn't put my finger on it! What have I got myself in for! ;)

Will download and let you know.

The homour will be mine!

GuyBarry

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »
Hi Paulski - it's a great tune but maybe it's just a little too similar to the theme from Upstairs Downstairs by Sandy Faris (who sadly passed away not too long ago).  You might want to consider reworking the melody slightly to avoid any plagiarism accusations.

vd7752

• Busker

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »
Hi Paulski,

I'd love to try and lay some lyrics over this track if you're happy for me to try?

Have you an mp3 version I can download or you can send to me?

Thanks,

P

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »
Hi Paulski,

I'd love to try and lay some lyrics over this track if you're happy for me to try?

Have you an mp3 version I can download or you can send to me?

Thanks,

P
I think it's downloadable on SC - but I'll double-check tonight. As for it sounding like upstairs/downstairs I'll check that out too - it would be accidental I can assure you :)!

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »
Thanks!

I meant to say in my previous post...it's a beautiful piece...I dabble in piano myself and I love playing pieces just like you have here! Something so powerful about them on the piano over any other instrument!

P

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »
How is this one going? I just heard it and started jamming along some lyrics which I thought sounded good. Have you got something together on it yet?

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »
Thanks!

I meant to say in my previous post...it's a beautiful piece...I dabble in piano myself and I love playing pieces just like you have here! Something so powerful about them on the piano over any other instrument!

P
Thanks Paul - really appreciate the kind feedback :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »
How is this one going? I just heard it and started jamming along some lyrics which I thought sounded good. Have you got something together on it yet?
Hi Marty
Adam has a good lyric written but he has kindly given me permission to allow others to have a go.
Maybe we'll have two megahits with the same melody :)
I have PM'd you too.
cheers
Paul