Free drum vst

• 18 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 11:06:35 PM »
You are dead right about the awesomeness of gr5 boydie plus I have squires another 4000 presets which presents a problem that when I find a killer guitar sound there is another one lurking two clicks away  :) amazing bit of software though.

John

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 01:50:09 AM »
but don't tell Mrs   Smiley
I won't if you won't.....
N
songwriter of no repute..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »
A lot of neat samples in here - cheers guys!

Has anyone tried these with Audacity? I'm not sure if its compatible with them. I've tried downloading and extracting the files but can't seem to import them into the Audacity library. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong (it's been a few months since I last downloaded samples and I've forgotten how I extracted and imported them (after many hours of frustration!)).

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »
I haven't tried it, but the instructions say:

Audacity supports almost all VST effect plug-ins on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux including "shell" VST's that host multiple VST effects.

To install new VST effects, place them in the "Plug-Ins" folder inside the Audacity installation folder. On Windows, this is usually under Program Files (or Program Files (x86) on 64-bit Windows). On Mac OS X, it is usually in the "/Applications" folder. On Linux, you must add a "plug-ins" folder to /usr/bin/ (if you installed a packaged version of Audacity) or to /usr/local/bin (if you installed a self-compiled version of Audacity). VST effects will also be found if they are added to (or already exist in) various system or user locations.

You can install new VST effects into Audacity by using the Effect > Add / Remove Plug-ins... menu item. This opens the Plug-in Manager: Effects, Generators and Analyzers dialog where you can select and enable the new effects then click OK to load them. Next time you launch Audacity the enabled effect(s) will be cached and you won't need to re-enable them.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#How_do_I_install_VST_plug-ins.3F