Any tips on selling songs to established artists?

• 2 Replies

badbettyband

• Busker
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and also completely new to the business! I'm slowly finding my way around how things work, but am finding it really difficult to get hold of industry contacts.
I'm a musician and songwriter, but I have no interest in performing, so I'd like to know how I can start to sell songs for other artists to perform. Is this just incredibly difficult to get into, or am I looking in the wrong places?!
If anyone has any tips at all on how I can get a foot in the door - or any other resources/useful networking sites etc - I'd be really grateful :)

Jules

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
I don't know about established artists, but you could take a look at Broadjam or something similar.  You pay a subscription to become a member, but you are then part of a community who can submit music to industry folks who post their projects to the site.
Hope that helps a little.  Also, you could try getting hold of the unsigned guide or similar, and start sending your songs off to publishers etc.  It is very hard to break into, but don't let that be a reason not to do it.  The more widely you get your music heard, the better chance it has in my opinion.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
Music X-Ray often ask for songs for established artists. Beware though some submissions require a smal fee (although some are free)

http://www.musicxray.com/

You will need to upload your songs to the site and then "browse opportunities".

Good Luck!