konalavadome

The 14 day rule/guidline

• 34 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
I'm guessing the conveyor belt mentality is aimed at me and anyone else putting a song up every 2 weeks,
suggesting we have a conveyor mentality is out of order really..we're just creative!!
can you explain why you believe it does not benefit anyone? and how? :) :)
and why have you got a problem with  me or anyone else posting songs every 2 weeks?
I'm not trying to be funny my friend I just believe that when stuff is happening it benefits all..
 :) :)
best to you :) :)

Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
Just briefly Kevin though I don't really want to.

On one of your recently posted songs you said twice that you didn't really like the song. If that is the case why did you post it? Why did you even bother to carry on with it?

On another you said that you didn't really spend enough time on it. Why not spend a bit more time on it then?

I just don't see the point in posting every 2 weeks just because you can.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »
Just briefly Kevin though I don't really want to.

On one of your recently posted songs you said twice that you didn't really like the song. If that is the case why did you post it? Why did you even bother to carry on with it?

On another you said that you didn't really spend enough time on it. Why not spend a bit more time on it then?

I just don't see the point in posting every 2 weeks just because you can.

Hi, I don't always write songs that I like, I try to write songs that others may like also..and sometimes I realise I didn't spend enough time with a song after I've moved on...I'm just honest about it..
must happen to a lot of songwriters for sure..
I can't believe that on a songwriting site some one is saying ..er hang on a bit mate, can you just be a little bit less creative please..very strange ??? ???
what if 3 or 4 new songwriters joined every week and posted a song? would you want to stop that?

This is an interesting and rather strange conversion to be having on a songwriting website, If I lived near you we could have a laugh and a pint over the stupidity of it...I'd buy. :) :)
maybe you'll get lucky and Tone will cull the too creative too quickly amongst us :) :)
and why does it matter to you so much if anyone posts a song every 2 weeks..why don't you like this?
If you posted a song every day you'd get praise from me..not hey, just stop that will you!!!

best and sincere regards to you mate..not gonna fall out with you over this, I'll be the first to listen to your next song..whenever it comes.. :) :)

best, Kevin :) :) :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:15:58 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »

It's just that, as a (hopefully) conscientious fellow, I feel an obligation to not let my listening and commenting get slack. The more stuff that's posted the harder this becomes.

I completely understand how you feel,Viscount.

I've not posted as regularly as I would like since late last year,due to band commitments and general boring everyday life stuff. This has interfered not only with my time to listen and comment,but getting time to finish off my own projects.

I find at the moment I can't get to listen to anything more than a small fraction of the songs available and it sort of make me also feel like I'm slacking off,but look at it another way Viscount,the forum is busy and healthily active and that is a positive thing.

I've decided to let go of the 'overwhelmed' feeling and just float on the tide of songs,listening to what I can.  8)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 06:54:31 AM »
I agree with you Skub..better to have a busy and buzzy songwriting forum with something to aspire to than to try and slow everything down ..I'm very busy and often have to catch up so to speak but would never dream of complaining about it..

I wish all on this forum well, just work at your own pace and enjoy the site..

best, Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!