konalavadome

Filtered dreams (I can only conjure up a verse) all ideas welcome

• 4 Replies

Kayles86

• Busker
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »
Hello guys and girls, so I have been thinking all evening about what lyrics to add to this song 'Filtered Dreams' and so far I've only managed a verse. The song is about being young and having no worries back then just all dreams. If anybody would like to add anything then please fire away I will of course credit each person. Here's all I have so far:

Verse 1: Once when I was young, when my life was worry free, I would go to a place I’d call my own, then it occurred to me I would climb the tallest tree, see the whole world laid out in front of me.

Chorus: Through out all the Filtered dreams that I had you still follow me

So sadly this is all I have :-( any help is very much appreciated. Thanks for looking :)
Kayles86 ★

people move,people change,like a rivers flow it never ends

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »
My approach to writing lyrics, and I'm sure it would work here, is to work out what I want to say first without worrying about meter or rhyme or number of lines or anything. So here you could ponder on what are the situations / examples you can think of about being young, having no worries, only dreams.

Stuff like:

I look at pictures of the world, of space, of faraway places, of great men and women, and I know I can be one of them, go anywhere I want.

I see young lovers (albeit older than the youthful narrator) and know one day I will find the greatest love.

I hear someone crying and I know that I'll be there to dry the tears of sad people.

I look at the stars and I wonder on the wonder of it all, and I know someday I will know what it all means and it will be perfect, it will be Heaven.

Once you cam imagine that young person with no fear, no worries, just dreams  you can then start to work on what filtering those dreams will mean.

Just ideas...
West Country Country Boy

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
Thankyou del boy for your input it's been a great help
Kayles86 ★

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »
I read this today (in a book about goal setting) and I thought of this thread:

"Do you remember all the big dreams you had when you were younger—dreams so exciting that you could barely wait to grow up so you could pursue those grand dreams? You had those dreams for a reason—your inner potential was casting a vision of what is possible for you. Somewhere along the travels, trials and tribulations of life you may have forgotten your dreams, got distracted, or believed other people who’d lost their dream that yours wasn’t possible either."

Love that idea of being desperate to grow up so we can follow those dreams, but by the time we grow up life has already started filtering them...

West Country Country Boy

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
We should team up del boy :)
Kayles86 ★