The Biggest Crime

• 16 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
Hi , a melodic little ditty. Liked the vocal on this. Liked the changes in the arrangement as it went on, kept it interesting.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
Thanks James and Jamie for the nice comments. Makes me wanna work even harder.

Guess I have to explain what I am aiming for when I write these songs. I never aim to hammer in a chorus or a melodic hook. I don´t find that kind of music very rewarding to listen to myself. But that doesn't mean that I don´t fancy a good melody, I really do. Maybe to much since I seem to be cramming to much of them into a couple of minutes of music. I mainly write the music for my own amusement. And I guess if you aim for that "hit song" it might seem strange to do things the way I do it. Putting the chorus last o r go out without a chorus at all. I want my music to be some kind of fun journey, one that you might want to take again and again :)
But maybe that kind of thinking belongs to another era. But that´s what I am trying to do. But I don´t have any professional musical background, or an education. So I am just jumping into it, clueless and happy and hoping for someone else to enjoy the ride. Sort of... :D