konalavadome

THE NEW WINTER / SPRING / VALENTINE'S COMPETITION - WINNER AND RESULTS are in!

• 119 Replies

Patrick Kordish

• Busker
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2016, 05:11:30 PM »
I am new to this but I am definitely in! Really enjoying this and I can't wait to hear more. Good luck to everyone! I will be submitting a solo song i wrote about love few months ago 😍 I first posted my entry in the finished songs section and I believe it was removed. I moved it to the WIP section so I hope it's now entered correctly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:07:36 PM by Patrick Kordish »

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »
Finally finished our Valentine's song (with a slight twist) - but it is happy. :o :o

Clock is ticking everyone.

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:37 AM »
Deleted this song but thanks for the feedback.

All the best to those that enter  :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:29:53 PM by DevyE »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »
Just wanted to say once again what a great idea this is - there are loads of fab entries...enthusiasm for song of the month seems to be struggling a little...but this is proving quite inspirational...really looking forward to the next one :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »
OK - here's our entry by Viscount Cramer Orchestra, CrystalSuzy and yours truly:

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/shop-until-you-drop!-pauskiviscount-cramer-orchcrystalsuzy-collab/

Many thanks to my collab'rs and advanced thanks to anyone who listens  ;D ;D!
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 07:07:54 AM »
Just 14 days to go and entries flooding in...

Don't leave yours too late! As already said, don't let production issues hold you back, the most important thing is that everyone hears your song....

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »
I'll give this a shot.... :P

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9782051

Although, I'm much better with tears in beers  8)

Thanks!
              -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2016, 04:17:01 PM »
I'm trying not to let production issues hold me back, but <sigh> I'm pretty sure I at least need a melody. All I have is lyrics and a rhythm. And a melody I'm pretty sure has already been used....

Just 14 days to go and entries flooding in...

Don't leave yours too late! As already said, don't let production issues hold you back, the most important thing is that everyone hears your song....

18 in the 80s

• Busker
  • I'm a guitar player & songwriter from Midlands UK
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2016, 07:43:31 PM »
Hi !

I'm new to this, so hopefully I'm following the right etiquette but would like to submit my WIP song She's My Cooch, which my love song to a girl who who is not necessarily song beautiful but is still the girl of  my dreams!

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/feedback-on-works-in-progress/she's-my-cooch-acoustic-demo/

And then. ....can I submit a lyric also?

The twist here is that the guy is trying to woo the girl even though they have tried to this work more before,  on more than one occasion,  and it never worked before. ....but was always eventful,  so he Can't Wait To Make The Same Mistakes

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/lyric-reviews/i-can't-wait-to-make-the-same-mistakes/

Many thanks

Hourly I haven't broken any guidelines or rules

Paul
Paul - 18 in the 80s

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2016, 09:26:31 AM »
Hi Paul - you're in with She's my Cooch...

You can have a solo entry and a colab so the lyric will need a colaborator to take it on - not too much time but maybe someone will step up!

Cheers!

18 in the 80s

• Busker
  • I'm a guitar player & songwriter from Midlands UK
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »
Thanks Paul

Glad I'm in !!
Paul - 18 in the 80s

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »

This is my second collab entry - hey! I was told we could enter two collabs :) and, well, bin sent me this fantastic track with a great groove....

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/feedback-on-works-in-progress/guilty-pleasures-collab-with-binladeda/

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2016, 09:08:57 PM »
I'm in !

Recorded a suitable toon this afternoon after turning off the wireless in disgust during the Gloucester-Saracens match (Gloucester were awful...).

According to my calculations my 14 day period since last posting a WIP is up in a few days time so I'll post then. The tune is called Unknown Man # 89 - a love song named after an Elmore Leonard novel. Hopefully not too many of those in the comp' so far.

Cheers
Derek
West Country Country Boy

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
Del - I reckon you should post it anyway as I don't think you've posted a finished song recently.

All others - clock is ticking! Eight days to get your final entry in. The organisers may be flexible if you post your song while it is still Feb 29th in some timezone of the world somewhere, but at some stage we have to call it a day!

Great field so far - really liking this competition (and the creative definitions we all are finding of "happy" and "twist")  :D