konalavadome

THE NEW WINTER / SPRING / VALENTINE'S COMPETITION - WINNER AND RESULTS are in!

• 119 Replies

KaelJay

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 11:55:26 PM »
Let me sign up on this! This will be my first time on this. So this will be a new experience. I can do the lyrics in any genre (pop, country, rock etc.). I'd love to collaborate with someone who can do the melody and the production side.

I've been writing finisihed lyrics on love songs. And I can write good twist! Who's In ;D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »
Hi All - less than 60 days to go now. Any new entrants? Any colabs settled yet? Anyone still without a colab partner that needs one?
Let us know here!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:09:54 PM by adamfarr »

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »
Hi folks

As Adam has said only 60 days to go so we need to get those interested in finding a collaboration partner hitched up.

The most common form of collaboration would seem to be a marriage of lyric to music and I think I'd be right in saying that there are plenty of music writers who would be happy to collaborate if they were given a lyric to work with.

So if you have a lyric to fit the theme it might be best to post it in the lyric section stating that you are looking for a partner for the competition and I'm sure you'll get some interest. You can also post your intention here with a link to the lyric so that it is less likely to get missed.

I know that some of us are having a struggle with the 'happy' thing so if you lyric writers can overcome that we can get the ball rolling here.

Although breaking up is hard to do it seems that writing a song about it is easier and I bet if we had a poll between 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' by Joy Division versus 'Love Will Keep Us Together' by Captain and Tennille we know who would win.

So you joyful lyric writers, help us miserable songwriters out with a 'happy-with-a-twist-love-song lyric and we'll see if we can do better than The Captain & Tennille (though this song was written by Neil Sedaka so it's a bit of a tall order....nevertheless....)

Anybody else who has any thoughts on collabs or anything to do with the comp please let us know.

Happy New Year all of you.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »
Yes, I am interested in collaborating with someone. I've only been participating here in these forums for a short time (in spite of how long I've been registered), and I don't know people or good ways to invite collaborators.

I have a lyric idea (with a twist) and would love to work with someone who prefers writing music OR someone who likes to work together on the whole song. Basically, I'm flexible. I haven't written the lyric yet.

I am currently unable to do any recording beyond a single track, but I hope to figure out the problem within the next week so I can listen to one track while recording another. If that doesn't happen, the best I'll be able to do with production is play a guitar and sing on one track and then send the track to a collaborator for finishing.

Vicki

Hi All - less than 60 days to go now. Any new entrants? Any colabs settled yet? Anyone still without a colab partner that needs one?
Let me know!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
Vicky - if possible I would recommend getting your lyric going in the lyric section so people can see the idea for themselves. It doesn't have to be 100% complete of course.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »
Sounds like a plan. I'll work on that and get something up soon (like in a day or so).

18 in the 80s

• Busker
  • I'm a guitar player & songwriter from Midlands UK
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »
Hi,  I'm Paul and I'd love to collaborate with someone who can sing, 

I've posted my lyrics Ya Give Me The Toots In the lyrics forum today and of anyone wants to put them to music I'd be honored. 

I'd also like to submit a solo song if that's ok

Many thanks

Paul 
Paul - 18 in the 80s

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »
I have posted my starter lyrics in the Lyrics forum here:
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/lyric-reviews/february-challenge-looking-for-collab-partner/

The title is "Everybody Wants You, Baby".

Looking for a collaborator to set to music and also possibly help polish the lyrics, if interested in that area as well. But, for sure, the music.

Vicki

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »
I'm working on song that will fit the bill nicely so count me in as well (solo)

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »
Consider yourself in the running then Johan.

Cheers!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 05:55:03 PM »
I think I will have something ready in time as a collab.
BTW - are we allowed to participate in more than one collab entry?
Forgive me if this is already stated above.. :(

Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »
We did say one colab and one solo... But two colabs and no solo instead seems fine to me...

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 12:05:41 AM »
Add me to the list, I don't want to miss the fun :)

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »
Good to have you with us DevyE.
Take it easy.

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
Cheers Viscount, you're a gentleman.