konalavadome

Put Those Memories Away

• 31 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
What I really like about your music is that you don't seem to be trying to be current, fasionable or commercial... but in the process you seem to write pure music which is so good that it somehow does sound commercial.

I really do think you're a talented songwriter and your music deserves to be heard - maybe in musicals or who knows, an advert, film, retro-themed video game?

Great work.

cheers Doodles - very kind of you to say that. You're right about not trying to write a "hit" - once I gave up that notion, it was very freeing :)
Paul

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »
classic country sound and as always you sum it up in the title, if they stocked it in the store theyd know without listening which shelf to put it on..
classic piano
great lyric and a vocal to match
background and orch 
love the ‘carnation’ .. its unusual and stands out doesnt sound twee or contrived
complete with regulation gear change
your keeping this stuff alive paulski
takes me back to sunday afternoons at my uncles who was a baker, id get so full of cake id fall asleep while my parents watched the golden shot with the sound down playing cards and listening to eddie arnold and jim reeves and alternate versions of the streets of laredo !
hits all the buttons , great job paul
reminds me a little of eddie arnolds make the world go away, not the melody but the tone and instant recognition..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1