konalavadome

A song written about the Voyager Spacecrafts, Would love some feedback :)

• 7 Replies

ZeusChuah

• Busker
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:00:30 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/zueschuah/116-pictures-and-blind-willie-johnson-too

Hey guy's this is my new track, i would love some feed back on it or any of the other ones on my soundcloud. I rarely get any feedback so i would really appreciate anything.

Cheers

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
its a 2 way street on this forum my friend..if you want feedback try giving a bit of feedback first and see what happens.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
Hi Zeus,

I actually really liked this track. It has a lovely dreamy feel which made me feel that I was just floating on voyager heading out of the solar system. Thought that you could maybe do some work on the backing vocals though. Must admit you totally lost me on the Blind Willie Johnson references though  ???

Have a listen to some of the other members songs on the forum and write some critiques then I'm sure you'll receive some great feedback.

Cheers

John

TOBB

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 02:56:51 PM »
Fortunately you have left some trace to follow :)
I like the song and the sound (especially the background noise) very much but  I would experiment with different registers of strings. Maybe it should play "above" the guitar? Because they are masking each other now.

psyve

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »
Very interesting. 
This reminded me of David Bowie's Space Oddity ("Ground Control to Major Tom...").
 I enjoyed the melancholic feel too.
...And the simplicity of the whole production.
Good work
Psyve

ZeusChuah

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 08:32:57 AM »
Hi guys,

really appreciate the feedback! :) Firstly Shadowfax, thanks for the heads up, will be helping out the community more, cheers. PompeyJazz Thanks for what you said. The Blind Willie Johnson is a reference to the Golden Record on the Voyager which has songs and sound from all around the world including Blind Willie Johnson.  TOBB i agree, unfortunately im not quite the expert i wish i was with mixing the track for it all to stand out in their own space. Practise i guess :)

mickeytwonames

• Solo Gig
  • me, my mistress and my dog
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
A nursery rhyme for the space age
Mickeytwonames
Practice like you live forever.
Play like you die tonight,