What Should Record, Mixing and Mastering Cost for Music Artists?

• 1 Replies

Loanobrien

• Busker
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:19 PM »
In this topic I want to talk about what it should cost to record, mix and master a song or an entire album with 10 tracks in a professional studio. This is very difficult to answer that question, and I think most of the engineers and studio owners will step forward on this issue. I understand why - the Realty is that there are a number of variable factors and entering the registration or record the song.
I guess as an artist or band in general practice this song and everyone can play their parts and are willing to work with engineers and manufacturers of contract you get your songs sound better. Price range can vary because some people really are fast and efficient in the study, while others need more time and again making required for sketches (or more compounds taken together to form a single perfect shot). In most modern recordings is a fair bit of editing and compilation, but engineers as someone can hit a person because of the editing and compositing increases the time and money to complete the song.
Another factor is the mastering. Usually, it is not very time consuming process and can range from $ 50 to $ 200 per song. $ 100 per song usually available very great forum spam and the sound is good amount of budget to overcome. This does not depend on the type of mastering you choose to arrive. Mastering stereo (most common form) is a fast and stem mastering may take some time, and therefore costs.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:30:46 PM by tone »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
And that my friends is how you get banned
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l