help with Sonar and grooving some drum loops

• 2 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »
Hi,
Started to try using some WAV drum loops rather than the Toontrack EZdrummer and I'm having an issue with using some of the loops. I find a loop i like, plonk into a track, apply 'groove clip; and for some of them they act just like EZdrummer, others object to having groove clip applied and then sound like rotten with lots of echo etc. I've even found one set of loops from the same supplier that some work and some dont!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm new to looping some what do you all think? Have I done something on import? Are not all groove equal?
Thanks in anticipation
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:53:32 AM »
Hey NEIL

It sounds like some of your clips are "Acidized" (ie ACID clips) and some are normal WAVs

Acidized clips are already programmed to match the tempo of your project so you should just be able to drag them in from the media browser and you are done

Others may need to be dragged in and then "groove clipped" to get them following MIDI

The low quality "echoed type" sound you are describing sounds like the low quality live preview of an audio file that has had the timing manipulated

To hear the best quality you need to use an "offline rendering algorithm" - the easiest way to do this is to "bounce clip"

If you still have problems drop me a PM and I will take a look at the files you are trying to loop to see what is going on as there is also a format call "REX" which also contains some loop information but in a different way than ACID loops
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:58:40 AM »
Boydie,
Thanks great response as ever.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..