konalavadome

Hello from Singapore

• 4 Replies

tokenangmoh

• Solo Gig
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »
Hi!

I'm Matt, a British expat teaching theatre in sunny Singapore. I also review theatre, and write songs for theatre and musicals.

So basically: theatre.

Sondheim is my idol, but I like lots of different types music, as long as the lyrics are smart and the music makes me feel something.

I might not post any of my songs for a while (I tend to make backing tracks / arrangements for actors to sing live onstage and rarely bother to record the vocals), but as a critic, there's every chance I will make lengthy comments on others' songs. Hopefully that's a good thing...

Anyway, glad to be here,
Matt

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:30 AM »
Welcome along Matt.

The backing tracks that you make, are they origonal compositions? If so, i would encourage you to post some as instrumentals are just as welcme here as songs, its just that not many get posted.

Allan

tokenangmoh

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:36:50 AM »
Yes, they are originals, but I'm actually working on some demos with vocals at the moment, so I think I'll hold off till they're ready.

Even then, they might be a tough sell. Musical theatre songs are so context-specific that you pretty much have to explain the entire show before they make any sense...

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:33:36 PM »
Welcome! I have a friend teaching in sg....wonder whether you know her :)

I'm not that into musical theatre personally, but I've been loving some stuff that paulski has been putting on the forum lately which is very theatrical, so looking forward to yours too!

Hope you enjoy the forum. Your feedback comments so far have been awesome!

Becky

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
Hi Matt,

welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Looking forward to hearing some of your tracks,

diadem