konalavadome

HERE I AM.....

• 2 Replies

rikgrimesisdead

• Busker
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »

Hi beautiful people on my screen,
My name is David Smith and im from the ever so sunny UK ;)
Im here to get some feedback from other songwriters/musicians on my lyrics and how i can introduce the beat,melody,timing (etc)
I hope you enjoy my life in words i guess......

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:28:05 PM »
Hey Smithy,

Welcome to the community, I Hope you find what you're looking for, there's a good bunch here and you'll get what you give.

Looked through your post history and just a bit of advice..
- Finished songs require the song as well as lyrics. Its always good to read the rules if you are unsure
- Theres no limit on how many lyrics you can submit in the lyrics section, but my advice is to bring them in slowly if you're looking for feedback so attention is more focused.
- You get what you give, so keep up the feedback. It might be intimidating at first because of the quality on here, but people are happy just to know you listened and what your impressions are - even if you can't go into too much detail.
- Jump on with the community; such as getting involved in the bar and other sub-threads. Seeing a name pop up around can help create relationships.

Good stuff so far, seems you've jumped in today but I've found time matters. Lots of members pop in for a day, but members like members who stick around so a bit of patience goes a long way. I personalu enjoy watching peoples journeys - so excited to see you stick around and turn some of those lyrics into songs.

Best of luck,
Scott
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:29:38 PM by ScottLevi »

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
Welcome!

I have come across quite a few people who offer 'beats' (some for money some for free). Maybe if you try looking that way, too, i.e. find a (free) beat and THEN add your lyrics. Finding someone to set your lyrics to music (or create a matching beat) may prove the tougher road.

Good luck!
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)