New Member from the States

• 2 Replies

altoforalways

• Busker
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:06:05 AM »
I'm Donna, I started writing songs a couple of years ago. I guess you would say that the genre would be Christian pop. My main issue in songwriting is I can do the lyrics, but I have issue with putting music to it.  :(  I would love to find help on that part of it.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »
Hi Donna

You have definitely come to the right place as there are some very talented musicians/songwriters on here that regularly collaborate

I would suggest spending some time getting to know people and write some reviews

When you find some people that you think you would like to collaborate with simply "reach out" to them - i.e. In a Private Message or via the collaborations forum with some lyrics, and perhaps even an idea of the musical direction you want to go, and I am sure you will find someone
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »
Hi Donna!

Welcome to the forum! I am also from the United States and I agree with Boydie--you have come to the right place. The forum boards here are very busy (I totally can't keep up--but that's okay), and among the many members are at least a few, I'm sure, who will fit in with your style.

As Boydie mentioned, spending some time reviewing some of the music on a few of the boards (like "Lyrics", "Works in Progress", and "Finished Songs") will give you a good feel for who's doing what. You could also post anything you have so far, so we can get to know your work a little.

I also recommend reading the guidelines. I didn't do that when I first joined, and I kind of wished I had. They're helpful for knowing how things work.

I've tried other songwriting forums, but I have found this one to be the best one. In my opinion, anyway. I hope to see a lot of your input on the boards!

Vicki