konalavadome

Remember Zoom ?

• 14 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: March 14, 2022, 07:19:27 PM »
I was chatting to @PaulAds the other day about what we have been working on recently and thought that it might be an idea to have a forum Zoom session again. This was something we did on a regular basis during the first lockdown - In fact I think the first one was almost exactly 2 years ago.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion and I'm canvassing opinion to see if it's a goer - Just an informal chat and a chance to say hello to each other.

Let me know if there is any interest and what are good days / times for everyone. I'm quite happy to host the sessions although I'll have to remind myself how Zoom works !

Hope to see some of you soon

All the best

John

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 07:30:59 PM »
I’d love to do this again…count me in 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »
Great idea, I was only thinking this the other day.  Friday nights aren’t great but I’ll do my best to attend!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »
It would be great to catch up with a few old faces.

Now we’re no longer in lockdown, though,  I’d be more likely to just check in every now and then.

Thursday nights are my preference, seeing as you asked John. I wonder if more people would join in if it wasn’t a weekend night?

Cheers all.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 09:21:59 PM »
I'm okay any nights but Tuesday usually. Though Friday nights have turned into TV night so it would depend on the time then.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 09:59:56 PM »
I'd love to drop in a time or two, if it fits my schedule. Which is super hectic and, regardless of how much I hope, it never seems to slow down. Always something new to fill in for something dropped.

But enough about that. Let's see, if you ran it starting at 1:00 (is that what you did before)? that would be about...wait! No, you met at 7:00, which was 1:00 my time. Okay. If you do the same time again, I could join in sometimes. There's no consistency, so it's hopeless to plan around me. Except I would for sure miss alternating Tuesdays. Currently, anyway. Everything is subject to change. Life is insane.

Plan it and, if/when I'm available and not too tired, I'll be there.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 10:40:32 PM »
Hi John, I enjoyed the sessions I participated in, so would be happy to join when possible. Friday night isn’t great for me usually, but I wouldn’t be able to pick another night that would be preferable on a regular basis.I know…if you do start them again I’d join when I could 8)

Cheers
Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 08:30:27 AM »
@pompeyjazz - I would love to attend the odd one, but I can't commit to many, Thursday and Friday I can't make. It was a good idea.

Be good to speak to the team again.

Rich

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 09:13:15 AM »
Hi All,

I know that it's impossible to get a good time for everyone, so I'm going to suggest the old time of 7pm on Friday evening - I'll kick it off then

I think the Zoom will be on more of an ad-hoc basis but of course that depends on you !!

The link to join is below and I hope to see some of you on Friday evening

Cheers

John

John Bradley is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Friday Night Songwriters Bar
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73948818209?pwd=d0s3VzZDNlovYjZmUCs4dVdvVERldz09

Meeting ID: 739 4881 8209
Passcode: 0JA4zH

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 09:45:20 AM »
I’ll see you there, John…and maybe we could host meetings at other times now and then to discuss specific events, such as new songwriting challenges or topics for discussion, maybe even do some “live” reviews…kind of like a “juke box jury” sort of thing…where we’d listen to a selection of new songs and give our immediate thoughts? As if we know what the Frenchconnectionuk we’re talking about 😀

All other ideas welcome…

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 10:50:06 AM »
Good call to go for Fridays John, a decision is made! And Paul’s idea to do live reviews sounds really interesting too!

Cheers

Jamie

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 09:48:05 AM »
Can't make this one John as we are off to see Frank Turner (I know, I'm always on about him!) at a small acoustic gig to promote his new album at that time but I hope it goes well and I'll try to join future ones.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 08:42:36 PM »
I'm so glad someone was still there when I got there! What a great break in my week! Thanks for putting up with all my chatter!!!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2022, 08:43:19 PM »
Yes...Lovely to see you again!