Cry For You

• 12 Replies

Wicked deeds

« on: January 14, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
Cry For You

I wrote an album  called “Ablaze with Colour” during the months  of June -December 2022.  I didn’t want to write this album but it had to be so.  Writing is such a cathartic process.  It’s a hard listen as it is packed with bleak songs.  “Cry For You’ is hopefully the last of its kind.  The album has helped me to cope with something that has simply broken my heart; something that I didn't see coming.  Perhaps not the best track on the album but none-the-less, part of a coherent suite of songs.  I’m proud of the album despite its dark presentation.  Lyrically, it embraces great honesty.  Cry For You’ has its moments and I really like “Ablaze with colour, the trees alight.  Nature knows the spell to make it right."  I couldn't ever bring myself to discuss the detail of how this album came to be written and now with this closing track, I will do my best to focus on better times. 

https://soundcloud.com/wicked-deeds/cry-for-you

Cry For You

May the sunlight shine through this autumn sky

where rain clouds gather to weep.

May you sleep then change your mind,
 leave your hatred far behind.

The months ahead are long without you here.

Watch the leaves turn brown ‘neath an autumn sky;
the death of all we held dear.

May the spring-time come around;
 resurrection from the ground.

The months ahead are long without you here.

Nothing sacred, the wind blows through a life.

September to December, I will cry for you.

Into winter we will go, yet I know,

Ablaze with colour, the trees alight.

Nature knows the spell to make it right.

Of course, I bow to her skill.

Alas, I can’t bring you back.
September to December, I will cry for You.

September to December, I will cry for You.

Cry for you

cry for you

Ccy for you 

Cry for you.

Written by Paul Vasey August 2022

https://soundcloud.com/wicked-deeds/cry-for-you
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:32:56 PM by Wicked deeds »

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 03:09:47 PM »

Hi

Love the Guitar , gives a great driving momentum to the song

subvibe

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »
What subvibe said! The guitar really grabbed me and I caught myself thinking about how I would practice so I can do that. Evocative lyrics. Dark, as you mentioned, but there seems to be a bit of light ahead in the third verse. A little optimism about the future to balance the sadness. A touching piece. Good work.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 10:22:31 PM »
Also a thumbs up from me on the guitars. The change on "Nothing sacred" was pretty cool, and I liked the nice driving feel to the whole thing.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:07:57 AM »
@Wicked deeds  Great guitars ( I think everyone agrees :) ) You can hear the pain in the vocals, very emotive. Very nice change up in the bridge. Nicely done

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 05:14:27 PM »
Great driving instrumentation on this one Paul,a great,full sounding track.

An emotion packed song,always a pleasure to hear.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 10:48:02 PM »
I'm hearing some great music on the forum tonight. Another fabulous song from you Paul. I love the minor to major shift at 'Nothing sacred...' at least I think that's what's happening - I'd have to grab my guitar to be sure! Whatever, it sounds good! This is an awesome song...I really like it :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 04:58:26 PM »
More fine work from you mate, listened yesterday but was too busy to post a reply, super guitar work on this one!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 10:20:40 AM »
Paul , I hope you are well my friend!

This is what you do best IMO...that juxtaposition between the happy music and sad lyrics...

You are such a thoughtful songwriter and you paint such vivid landscapes. What a great change into the Nothing sacred section...quite unexpected...but it works so well.

such great lyrics....

Ablaze with colour, the trees alight.

Nature knows the spell to make it right.

Of course, I bow to her skill.

Alas, I can’t bring you back.

Andy

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 02:10:28 PM »
Ah ! I didn't catch this one immediately Paul - Another lovely emotional number from you. Lovely acoustic rhythm guitar in this one and love the bass sound you've got as well - It's really clean - Reckon I need some new bass strings - Great track once again

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 09:23:56 PM »
Super track!

It’s always funny for me, trying to “review” your songs…because I always feel like you’ve written and recorded them the way they were meant to be…and anyone is welcome to take what they will from them. They way you don’t feel obliged to move on through a chord progression or bass part (or anything else, for that matter) until you have achieved what you set out to do.

Wonderful lyrics, and oddly enough, I didn’t pick up any real feeling of sadness from it…resignation, perhaps…but it may just be that your voice has an air of optimism and a clarity to it that precludes sounding like you’re wallowing in misery…however dark the sky may temporarily be.

A quality song. It’ll be quite an album, I’m sure.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 08:47:54 AM »
I like how the narrator seems in a bleak place but is trying convince himself that better times are ahead. Or he will try his best to make the better times come. I can definitely relate to that.

Lovely delicate instrumentation and sensitive vocal help carry the message. Overall I think the song is very poetic, something that pulled me in and demanded that I reflected on it more deeply than is usual.

The double time guitar saved the track from becoming too dark in spirit and helped carry the more optimistic flip side theme.

Proper troubadour style singer songwriting this, Paul. 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Wicked deeds

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 07:04:22 PM »
Thank you @Subvive.

Thank you @CaliaMoko.

@Bankie. "Nothing sacred" indeed, I have found this to be true.

Big thank you Davey @skub.

Thank you @ChrisPrice.

Andy, @Kafla,  The ablaze with colour section is simply me tipping my hat to the skills of nature. Trees seemingly die in the winter months and are revived to their former glory  in the following spring and summer months. 'nature knows the spell to make it right.'. Thank you for being concerned.

@Paulads, thank you simply for understanding  my writing.

@pompeyjazz big thank you for recommending Revelation bass guitars. Pleased you enjoyed the song

@MichaelA, the narrator is now simply an observer comparing the hopelessness of a human situation to the skill of nature. If only all people were just as clever, believing  in love. Such magic they would know! Big thank you my friend.

Wicked Deeds