konalavadome

Face Of The Angels

• 33 Replies

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
I love all your stuff, and once again your vocals are absolute top drawer. Only nit was that it was a bit bass heavy in places. BUT - what a song - it sounds like it's right off the radio. My wife has just shouted upstairs "who's that"? "Why" I ask -"because it sounds really good, not like the normal sh*te you listen to"...so there you are, the ultimate praise.

She likes fairly instantly accessible (and very successful) stuff - you deserve all that with this one. Strings fit in perfectly.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »
I love all your stuff, and once again your vocals are absolute top drawer. Only nit was that it was a bit bass heavy in places. BUT - what a song - it sounds like it's right off the radio. My wife has just shouted upstairs "who's that"? "Why" I ask -"because it sounds really good, not like the normal sh*te you listen to"...so there you are, the ultimate praise.

She likes fairly instantly accessible (and very successful) stuff - you deserve all that with this one. Strings fit in perfectly.

The Werminz,they are all sisters Bill. That could be our house at any time.  :D

Rosanna Eastman

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »
Hi Yoda,

I honestly think this is a fantastic tune - great sound, everything feels right on this track! A fabulous, commercial sounding  track :)

Rosanna

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
It's a great chorus. Mind you...the verses are good too...really liked them.

I can appreciate your fight with the song...can't have been an easy one to put together...but you've done a great job with the arrangement and production. Super vocal.

Breakdown before bridge is great....bridge is the sticking point for me...it needs work I think. It stands out like a sore thumb as the weak point...for me. It sounds like it hasn't had the devotion and attention to detail of the rest of the song....the melody there seems a bit hesitant too like this was just stuck in because you wanted a bridge - which i can fully understand...it could be great. This is just where it should be.

Don't mean to be over-critical...just telling you what I think...which might be crap! Everything else is great.

That's 2 potential nominations for song of the month this time...Kryptonite was a knockout!.....apart from that bridge.....no-one else has mentioned it so maybe it's me!

Funny somebody mentioned Robbie Williams because he came into my head too.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
Hey Yoda,

One of the best vocalists on here you are!

As others have said this song has an epic kind of feel and definitely has commercial potential. I cannot really add too more apart from...

Great job, keep 'em coming!  :)

Phil

https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

Moomond

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »
Yo,

Very well assembled. The strings are the highlight, I loved when they came in... I guess you better little that little guy off the hook this time.

While the vocal is strong, there were some autocorrect artifacts nagging me now and then - most obviously in the middle 8. I know that's something some people like now, but I'm not a fan. Mind you, I know those autocorrect tools are bloody difficult things to get right, and it is a really powerful vocal.

Robbie Williams comparisons are justified. High quality pop rock.

Retroflector

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »
Hi

Loved it - Great song, catchy hook, well produced,etc etc etc.

I was waiting for the big guitar solo!! It didn't happen!

Still an Excellent Song.

Cheers Steve.

joepravda

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »
hi,
great tune.i'm not a big fan of the rock ballad thing but this tune has a big feel to it.
the robbie williams angel thing came into my head too because your tune has the anthemic feel to it....i can see people singing along to this with you at the helm!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »

Hi,

As others have said....Epic  ;D ;D

Thought you handled the strings really well.
 They sounded fine, and certainly helped in
 the build.......which was fantastic ;D ;D

Loved the vocals/BV's/harmonies.....in fact,
 there's nothing about this I can fault.  Just
 a classy song.

4 mins of my life well spent ;D ;D
 Loved it....

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
Thanks to all who reviewed this.

paulads

Thanks, I think I know which bit you mean with the 74/75. I hadn't noticed it myself but I can hear it a little now you've mentioned it. Thanks for listening.

Mike67

Thanks, I do like the word epic, especially when it's attached to one of my songs. Thanks for the compliments fella.

Deadwood

Hahaha, no worries. I'm pleased you liked it in the end. No you shouldn't delete your post. It's what you thought at the time so that's fair enough.

Skub

Hmm, Yoda speak. Everyone seems to think that because our Yoda speaks like that it must be a family trait. It's not, he's just got learning difficulties. And he's a cocky little sh!t.

Pursue it might I, thank you I do.

Digger72

Thanks for listening and your comments, pleased the strings came across okay.

Tina

I fear we could be hear some time, you can call me Moses if you like. Alternatively, have another go.

I didn't spend that long on it but most of the time was spent trying to do the strings.

'Face of the Angels', I think I'm going to have to leave that one for people to apply their own meaning to.

Hopefully it just about makes enough sense to be credible?

Adamfarr.

thanks, I know what you mean about the strings. I will upgrade to some better samples at some point, any recommendations.

Thanks
 for your comments.

Martinswede

Thanks for your comments, Ill take them on board and bare them in mind in my future wor.

Much appreciated.

Jambrains

Guitars...I'm not sure why I didn't go heavy on them. I think I didn't want to crowd it with the heavy strings. I think it just didn't call out big guitars to me on this one.

Thanks for your comments.

Caliamoko

Thanks for your comments. You're right about the life'''''s got new meaning line.

I didn't know abut the Amazing grace lyric but I'd totally forgot about it and didn't realise til you mentioned it. Guess it must have seaped into my subconscious, bugger.

Thanks

Paulski

I've heard your stuff, you're more than eligible to review this. Thanks though.

Shadowfax

Thanks for your comment.

Wicked Deeds

Glad you liked it thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Mr and Mrs Saunders

Thanks for this Bill and tell the Mrs thanks as well. She's one of the few non-muso's that's heard it I guess so It's good that she liked it too.

Rosanna E

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Viscount Kramer

Thank's for your comments, I'll look at the bridge if I revisit this.

Your reviewing skills are good but your fortune telling is weak - no nominations for me this month.

Boolio

I don't see myself as a vocalist at all, just someone who reluctantly sings out of necessity. Thanks for your comments though, it's nice that maybe my voice doesn't grate as uch to other people as it does to me.

Thanks for commenting.

Moomond

Yes, I do do a fair bit of pitch corrrection on my vocals. I actually do it all manually though to try to limit the autocorrect sound as much as possible. I'll keep working on it.

Robbie Williams, I wish...

Retroflector

Yeah, you're the second person who's mentioned the lack of a guitar solo. Maybe I'll add one in if I go back to this song. Thanks for listening.

Joepravda

Thanks. Anthemic is a good word to have associated with a song, I'll take that. Thanks a lot.

Binladeda

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting. Nice to know it was well recieved.

Yodasdad

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2017, 07:51:19 AM »
Mike,
Strings were right choice, it sounds epic and has a big chorus. and is quiet hypnotic once it gets going, a bit like a Robbie number
Good intro, liked the drumming.
A small thought occasionally the bass which throbs and drives it has some short notes which lose a bit of momentum.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »
Hi;

mhhh; like it; the way it builds; tasteful; good mix (except drums: too thin, especially the snare)

but in general it s a very good performance of a beautiful song.

B

Mverboekend

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »
Hi,

Really nice song, love the buildup to it. Beautiful vocals as well.

For some reason the second verse sounds like a mid-8 (probably because you keep it high and full), but really great nonetheless.

I love it!

Andyb

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
I'd just be repeating what others have said. Probably my favourite song of yours so far. Good dynamic and instrumentation. Sometime the "difficult" songs are worth the effort.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 07:21:59 AM »
Hi YD - I use Sonivox Orchestral Companion Strings http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/1845-Orchestral-Companion-Strings

I think they sound very good for emsembles and big sounds and pads. I like them a bit less as individual instruments so e.g. for a solo I would blend with something more "woody"...

I don't have anything online to show you where I've used them - I think the Viscount has them too though. (Needs an iLok account which is a bit of a pain but hard to avoid anyway.)