No Fairytale Kiss (Collab with Sterix)

• 21 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
@pompeyjazz @Sterix - Nice work gents, John, you realyy have BV's nailed...which drum s/w did you use on this?

As others have said you really have your own sound, a tricky thing to do. As @Skub said I also like inventive lyrics, and in fact I rather enjoy writing lyrics that need a bit of effort to unwrap, they seem to stick around a bit longer.

Anyway great work as usual.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »
I love the verses. The production is only something I could aspire to! Also I thought the vocal delivery was awesome :)

The Estuary (SWE)

• Busker
  • The Estuary is a Swedish amateur pop/rock band.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »
Great track! I really like the drum arrangements. And the rather unusual chord progressions. The song really comes to life. Also, I find it very inspiring that this forum is bringing songwriters together, collaborating on songs.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
A big Thank You to all who have taken the time to listen and provide invaluable feedback as usual

@PeteS Good points - It's so good to get forum feedback and to hear all the different opinions. Thanks for the listen  :)

@montydog - Wow ! Thanks Alan, much appreciated indeed. I hope that my production has improved over the 5 years or so I've been making music again

@shadowfax - Thanks Kev - Yep @Sterix has a huge stash of lyrics. I'll investigate the bass and drums again  :)

@MichaelA - Thanks Michael - I seem to find it easier to mix wall of sound type pieces than songs that require a more subtle touch - Right, back to the shopping list song  :)

@Grubstar - Thanks so much - Can't ask for much better feedback

@Jamie - I'll have a look at the delay thanks. I've certainly made more music than usual in lockdown. Your feedback is much appreciated.

@PaulyX - Yes, fabulous lyrics - I kind of had an idea what they were about when I did the vocal but not entirely. Thanks so much for the feedback

@Skub - Yup ! Fairytale Kiss (NOT) I find it fascinating putting other folks lyrics to music

@MonnoDB - Thanks Karen - You're right about the vocals at the start - I'll have to adjust

@PaulAds - Cheers Paul - I ummed and ahhed a bit about keeping that root bass note - Thought that it might be a bit too much "Eye Of The Tiger"  ;D - Glad nobody's mentioned that  ;D ;D

@cowparsleyman - Cheers Rich - I've pm'd you about the drums  :)

@Sebandme - Thank you indeed - Very kind

@The Estuary (SWE) - Thanks guys, really appreciated. I'd never even considered working on collabs before joining the forum but since then I must have worked with around 20 other folks - I find the whole thing very inspiring

Thank you all once again  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
Very interesting stuff - a rich vein for a storyline and definitely rewards some thought and concentration. Some room for personal interpretation which I like and nice touches of having the smile, eyes etc. show us what may be going on.

Love the trademark PJ "wall of sound" and very musical. I expect I would have gone for some sort of obviously dark M8 while this is quite head-bobby all through which again is nice because not expected...

Cool stuff - glad you're all OK!

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 02:40:32 PM »
One that grows on you with deep and meaningful lyrics and super production values...enjoyed the listen.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Hi Guys,

Well produced song. It has a big ol' sound.
Very upbeat - indeed, a little bit on the light side for me considering the lyrics. But why not? Why do the expected?

Loving the backing vocals, provide a great bedrock for the lead vocal.

Digger