help with the 'text' please

• 26 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »
Hi guys,  I've been here almost a year now, and still can't understand how the text works ::) ::).....for instance; how do I highlight a comment from someone in order to reply to it.  How do I get the spaces between lines etc.  It's probably a really stupid question......but I would really appreciate some help, as try as I might, it always comes out it one long piece of text......LIKE THIS ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
Hey Bin,

Not sure what you're using computer-wise but I think it should be fairly straight forward.

To separate your lines just press return, I don't want to patronise so don't be offended if I am but 'return' is the big key with the right angle arrow on the right of the keyboard.

To quote other people, click the quote box on the bottom right corner of the post that you want to quote. That text will then be inserted into your box and you can just type below all that text ( make sure you start typing after the word 'quote' in brackets). If you only want to quote a small part of someone's comment, just delete the bits you don't want to quote, remember to leave the jibberish computery text at the top though or it won't work.

You can click on preview (next to post) to check how it all looks.

Hope this helps

Hab..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
", I don't want to patronise so don't be offended if I am but 'return' is the big key with the right angle arrow on the right of the keyboard."

Yeah it`s not the little baby keys that surround the daddy key :D ;)

Come to think about i don`t know how you highlight or underline words either ??? ???

But i do know the quote thing..if that`s what you meant.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:05:44 PM by songsthatcry »

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »

To separate your lines just press return, I don't want to patronise so don't be offended if I am but 'return' is the big key with the right angle arrow on the right of the keyboard.
AT LAST ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....Thanks Hab.  I don't have one of those keys on my laptop, is there another option I could use ??

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »

AT LAST ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....Thanks Hab.  I don't have one of those keys on my laptop, is there another option I could use ??

What key is that?

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
Great!!

Sometimes it's got 'enter' written on it, it's the same thing. You must have that key, it'll be to the right of all the letters, normally next to the 'L' .

I have never seen a keyboard without 'return' or 'enter' but if you really struggle you could just repeatedly press the space bar to space the text out..

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »

What key is that?
The big one with the arrows on it ;D ;D ;D

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
Ahhh.....lets try

Thanks

again

Hab   ;D ;D ;D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
Maybe there`s some tutorial video`s on YT...there`s loads of things i don`t know either ,like using word and that.....a comp for me is a toy not a tool ;D

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »
Excellent!!

I'm gonna miss those blocks of texts peppered with smileys  :D

Glad I could help

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
hehe....

I'll keep those just for you then Hab ;D ;D

Just tried answering the comments on my latest post using the 'quote' thing......needless to say it went disastrously wrong ;D ;D ;D ;D

But, I'll keep trying.....if anything, it might 'look' like I know what I'm talking about ;D ;D ;D

At least I've got the 'space' thing sorted ;D ;D

Thanks again mate ;D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
hehe....

I'll keep those just for you then Hab ;D ;D

Just tried answering the comments on my latest post using the 'quote' thing......needless to say it went disastrously wrong ;D ;D ;D ;D

But, I'll keep trying.....if anything, it might 'look' like I know what I'm talking about ;D ;D ;D

At least I've got the 'space' thing sorted ;D ;D

Thanks again mate ;D

Click quote but make sure your reply is written below this..[/quote]

or else your reply will be inserted in the quote box.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
Hi Bin,

you were kidding us....you must have been....don't tell me you just found the enter key  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »

you were kidding us....you must have been....don't tell me you just found the enter key  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NO  ;D ;D....I only thought it was just for that, ENTER...didn't realise it had other functions.  Like STC, my laptop is more a toy than a tool to me I'm afraid  ;D ;D ;D

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
At least you found the "Smiley button" - which is next to the "Any Key"  ;D ;D ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic