konalavadome

You Don't Got the Stones - discretion advised

• 23 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
Billion?
OK - after a re-think I'm going to stick with Million - because the protagonist would think a million dollars is a lot of money.
Thanks for your help Matt!

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »

hey paul

i like the lyric over all and a real good story told well
 but i agree with above,

the give her a call didn't sit right for me
 and didn't feel right when i read it

but couple little tweaks and top job

tony...

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »

hey paul

i like the lyric over all and a real good story told well
 but i agree with above,

the give her a call didn't sit right for me
 and didn't feel right when i read it

but couple little tweaks and top job

tony...
Thanks Tony - always good to get your feedback - appreciated!
Paul

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
Hi Paul,

I think the lyrics are really good, reminded me of a Tom Petty song from way back. I like the invitation to call her, shows your confidence.

I'm not sure about the use of the word stones. To me balls means having the guts to ask, so it reads like you are daring him to ask her, which doesn't work in my head. It reads like the only reason she'll stay with you is because he'll never ask.

I imagine the song to be about the woman saying no, even if he does ask. I'm hearing You haven't got the class to steal my girl. This says to me that money doesn't buy everything.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, so feel free to ignore me if it doesn't fit,

Keith

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:13 AM »
Hi Paul,

I think the lyrics are really good, reminded me of a Tom Petty song from way back. I like the invitation to call her, shows your confidence.

I'm not sure about the use of the word stones. To me balls means having the guts to ask, so it reads like you are daring him to ask her, which doesn't work in my head. It reads like the only reason she'll stay with you is because he'll never ask.

I imagine the song to be about the woman saying no, even if he does ask. I'm hearing You haven't got the class to steal my girl. This says to me that money doesn't buy everything.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, so feel free to ignore me if it doesn't fit,

Keith
Hi Keith
Thanks for the Tom Petty reference - I'm so not worthy!
There are probably different connotations on that expression here in Canada - in the song, it's intended to mean "you don't have the guts to try to take her from me". Now, in the video (in my head - scary as that sounds) she walks off with the other guy at the end - thus the "OH NO!"  ;D ;D
Cheers on the comments!
Paul

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 07:29:50 AM »
Hi Paul,

must say I prefer the version in my head. In this world the rich always seem to get what they want (doesn't always make them happy but that's another song). The odd time they don't brings a smile to my face.

I heard the oh no's sang confidently, you're going to steal my girl, oh no, oh no, oh no.... no you're not.

Its your song though, so run with it as you see it.

Keith

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
cool lyrics, Paulski!

could also be great lyrics for a dance track, you know a sort of show off dance / house track

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »
Hi Paul,

must say I prefer the version in my head. In this world the rich always seem to get what they want (doesn't always make them happy but that's another song). The odd time they don't brings a smile to my face.

I heard the oh no's sang confidently, you're going to steal my girl, oh no, oh no, oh no.... no you're not.

Its your song though, so run with it as you see it.

Keith
Yeah - I see your point - maybe the singer can make those "Oh No"' s ambiguous so we really don't what actually happens.
cheers
Paul

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
cool lyrics, Paulski!

could also be great lyrics for a dance track, you know a sort of show off dance / house track
Hey Dutchbeat - yes I'm thinking this needs to be sung (and played) with major attitude!
Thanks for the comments
Paul