konalavadome

Recording equipment UK

• 3 Replies

steviefan

• Busker
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »
I have about £300 to spend and I am looking for a digital recording machine. I am not very good at technology so I need something quite simple. What is my best buy?

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:42 PM »
I would love to help you with this but I need a little more info...

what do you already have and what you hope to achieve?

Are you looking to create simple "demos" of your songs with just a vocal and guitar?

Are you looking to create fully produced songs (drums, bass, guitar, synths, vocals etc.)

There are soooooooooo many ways you could go but it is important to define what you want to achieve (including future growth/development) to ensure you get the maximum "bang for buck"

Do you already own a PC or MAC (including IPAD) as there could be some "software" solutions that might be better for you than a standalone multi-track recorder so it might be worth posting some specs of any existing computers

The first step should be for you to detail EXACTLY what you would like to record
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

steviefan

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 08:06:26 PM »
Hi Boydie. Thanks for getting back. I'm looking to make a demo on a CD. Vocals, guitar, hopefully drums if I can get something with a drum machine, is that possible - I don't know.
I have a PC but I'm not good at compuers and would be looking to work on the digital recording equipment I buy. I have had a look on internet and I am thinking about products made by the likes of Boss and Tascam. Any ideas?

Juniper Lust

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 03:06:22 AM »
Juniper here,
Why not try a fostex mr8. Their quality isnt bad for the price you get. Simple to use. Another tactic I use is downloading the pdf manual to see if i like its setup and design. Also if you want to stay cheap do not go into computer DAW. latency will not be worth the time.