After the storm /collab with Sterix..

• 22 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
Has an 80's feel, to me. Really liked it.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 05:51:51 PM »
Finally got round to knocking up a basic lyric video for it. had to ditch my usual choice of program due to it being over 5 minutes long.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 07:13:53 PM »
@shadowfax and @Sterix - Blimey o Riley, nearly blew me ears off at the beginning.

Yip, very '80's and very powerful, got the Shadowfax vocal, which is instantly recognisable, I tend to agree with @montydog - about the varation etc. This would do well in Germany.

I find the phase (or what ever it is) on the Lead Vocal a bit of a distraction, and it could come up a couple of dB. Also the BVox could come up a bit, or maybe have 2, and swing 'em out L & R

Being a guitarist, I'm curious about which guitar and amp/amp sim you used on the chug and lead.

A lot of work here, which I appreciate.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »
@shadowfax and @Sterix - Blimey o Riley, nearly blew me ears off at the beginning.

Yip, very '80's and very powerful, got the Shadowfax vocal, which is instantly recognisable, I tend to agree with @montydog - about the varation etc. This would do well in Germany.

I find the phase (or what ever it is) on the Lead Vocal a bit of a distraction, and it could come up a couple of dB. Also the BVox could come up a bit, or maybe have 2, and swing 'em out L & R

Being a guitarist, I'm curious about which guitar and amp/amp sim you used on the chug and lead.

A lot of work here, which I appreciate.

@cowparsleyman  @Sterix

I have a very old Dean Markley DMC80 guitar amp with two 10inch Celestion speakers which I used for the chug and the lead guitar, I place it in my sound booth to record it..otherwise it just blows the house up, there is a bit of chorus and delay on both..well actually a bit more delay on the lead..used a Rode NTK valve amp to record them, the chug is also gated..
I sang the vocal twice, one of the vocals is compressed and eq'd the hell out of and mixed with the other, this gives the vocal some extra air..in my very humble opinion.. 8)

Nice lyrics vid Martin... :)

thanks for taking an interest..
best, Kevin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:25:42 AM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »
Ooo NTK ...nice pice of gear...i always wondered how you get the ‘shadowfax’ vocal sound.

Thanks for the info, glad you’ve recovered now from your injuries.

Must be great to have a booth..

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
Ooo NTK ...nice pice of gear...i always wondered how you get the ‘shadowfax’ vocal sound.

Thanks for the info, glad you’ve recovered now from your injuries.

Must be great to have a booth..

@cowparsleyman
Yep! a booth is a very nice luxury, in previous studios I have always built one myself but finally got enough saved up to buy a proper one from a company called KUBE when we moved back to the UK..
best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »
Guys,
Love the rock sounds of the track.
Very powerful setting for the acoustic and your classy trademark vocals, cool delayed vocals.
Lyrics fit well too.
Interesting M8 to to provide some contrast before the saturated guitar
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »
Very polished collab....got lots of great stuff going on and works really well.