Friends On Benefits WIP

• 6 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/thefuneralcrasher/friends-on-benefits-wip

Just doing this one...but the structure is currently a bit weird...this is the only way i think i can get it working...i've tried the old verse - chorus - thing but it didn't seem to suit...probably because the chorus (at the end) is very similar to the verse...i'd appreciate any thoughts...i don't know if it's worth spending a lot of time on...thanks!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
This structure works for me Paul. Like the middle 8 with the ascending bass. Maybe that could be repeated?

Cheers

John

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:45:56 PM »
Yeah it works for me too Paul.

It's got one of those listenable lyrics that don't seem to need a chorus and that solo section hits at just the right time with that little set-up verse beforehand.

The repeated friends on benefits bits after that kind of act as a big chorus at the end anyway.

Yeah the structure is not normal (ha!) but it works well.

I had to dig up the lyrics from the lyric section (not that I needed them, must be a habit now!)
Welfare state of mind might make a good title sometime but perhaps a bit obvious and 'friends on benefits' is a GREAT title anyway...little bit of a rhyme in there and rolls off the tongue so nicely!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Thanks very much, fellas...very much appreciated.

it does seem unusual in this format, but i just couldn't find a way around it...very pleased it is ok though...it'll do for an album track...i've nearly got an album full of album tracks  :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
I didn't notice anything wrong with the structure. The break came at the right time and really kept my interest. As others have said, nothing wrong with a one line hook instead of or as a chorus.

I could really do with taking a leaf out of your quick recording book...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »
Cheers, everyone...I'll just leave it like this and call it done...bang it over into finished songs and let it go...

I had a good think about it - and this is about as good as this one's ever going to get.

Thanks for the reassurance about its structure...appreciate it :)