ITZ XMAS....! XMAS SONG ENTRY STYLUS NEW!

• 36 Replies

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
                                          ITZ  XMAS!

HAPPY XMAS & NEW YEAR               

Ello  everyone...
                   I Have NOT managed to do a Xmas song....due to my grandma passin away plus just being tied up in other matterz.......This is a song I did  4 years ago!  when I was just starting to record.  So before  I get crucifried...or hammered by  comments about the drums or the mix or whatever?  just bear in mind   how you would feel...when your own song is under attack... :) ......Have a heart!  Cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

IT'Z  XMAS.......!    STYLUS    December  2009

Wordz are on the video! 

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:03:48 PM »
i already told you what i thought of this stylus but nobody else heard me so i will say again its quite amazing ...its just got evrything including the kitchen sink (full of the turkey giblets) in it!
& its so catchy & dancey ...if any song in this compitition could be a christmas hit this is it
i love all the trimmings youve put in ....its realy clever...& its funny ....trust you to get a cup of tea in there! & the satisfaction riff at the end just makes me giggle
its realy like someone took a cd of christmas hits & squashed it to make one song :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
WOW!
                 Dearest delightfully sweet Tina....THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE NICEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID TO ME  on this forum.  I had nothing done  for this competition....I could not engage in gear?  I  tried....... but couldnt.  I then remembered  I did this Xmas thingy & it was in my Youtube..
          I  reluctantly thought about it being a entry.....then thought....nahhh  they're  gonna make
mincemeat out of it   & brussel sprout it   &  so  on...... I then asked you to help  & you did! :-*

Itz  only  me?        I'm only me......  Hug'zzz  Thank you  Deer  ;D ;D ;D

humbled...............................x   STYLUS Happy xmas :)       

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
Stylus!!! That is a party chooooooon! Just try not dancin when this comes on at the office party!

I love that instrumental bit that has a bit of..is it kind of Hawaiian style carolling going on....

You really put fun into this!

I hope you are ok mr stylus, I'm sorry about your grandma.

Bekxzzzzxzxzx

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »
Hey Stylus - as others have said, this is a real party song - sneaking a kiss at the photo copier or maybe at the coffee machine: why is it that one can only get away with that at christmas? 

But, on a professional level it sucks.  It's a throwaway track with little to support its longevity (except at christmas!)

But these tracks make money, so get it onto a CD and collect your royalties!

J.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »

Hi,

Yeah....good 'dance along' Christmas song.  Quo and all the guys are there ;D
  You've certainly got that 'nostalgia' thing going here.....took me right back ;D ;D
  Like how you've arranged it, and the 'carolly bits' work well......nice 'happy' feel

All round, good 'uplifting' Christmas song ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Ha,ha,ha  Thanks Jim
               Thanx'z fort the listen.....Yep  xmas songs are bladdee  embarrassing ( howd'ya spell that)?
anyway....
             YES!  to.....ROYAL  TEA     I Lov Tea!   You've seen that hamlet add?  'happiness is a cigar?   Well   Tea  makes me happy.......  I bladdeeee  lov Tea!  I bladdee do....do lov Tea!

I didnt want to post it... ;D ;D ;D  Tina....she twisted my arm  &  kicked mi in ma..... chestnutz roasted by the fire!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  

Thanx'z  John    Happy xmas   Stylus:)      

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »

Bex'z  Ello...  I'm  being there for my mum.......Thanx'z  I'm ok......:)

Itz alright doing this....to be festive & all that?  but bladdee ell!  dont do much for future credibiliTEA...! ;D ;D ;D    Which Hawaiian  bit?  Bladde ell!   yew wait!  no-tea  gal !   ;D ;D ;D     

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »

Heh  up'z   WELCOME Back!  BIN  Where yew bin?  yewz bin missed!   ;D ;D ;D

Thanx'z ever so much for the listen.....& glisten  I admire & respect your wonderful playing:)
  Thank you       
                 reference ingredients  God knowz?  just did it 4 yearz ago  when I waz a babi  ;D ;D ;D

Cheerzzzzz  Bin :)

OH HAPPY XMAS TO EVERYONE!

onemanband

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 12:11:30 AM »
Good work Stylus,

A real dance track for the festive season. Nice bit of variation in there as well.

Everytime I felt my attention start to wane, something else kicked in and got me back on side.

And coming from someone who isn't a huge dance fan, you did very well to keep me listening for the full 4 + minutes.

Good luck!!!

So much variation in this contest now, there really is a song for every musical taste.

(have we had a reggae song yet???)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 12:16:29 AM »
Stylus, my friend...1st of all, I'm so sorry to here about the lose of your Grandma :'(

2nd...what a extremely fun upbeat Xmas song ;D it's a great dance song for sure ;D I'm so happy you decided to share this with us :)

I ditto everything that tina said...'its just got evrything including the kitchen sink (full of the turkey giblets) in it!' and 'of christmas hits & squashed it to make one song' ;D

and I didn't think the recording sounded that bad at all ;)

way to go Stylus...your stuff always makes me smile :) :) CS

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:55 AM »
Hi Stylus,

You'd know who'd recorded this track the moment it started. Full to the brim with your usual charm. It's like a Stars on 45 record or Jive Bunny. Quirky and fun - and no small amount of skill.
It's lifted my spirits during a tough week.

Cheers, mate.

Digger

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 09:08:42 AM »
Thanx'z Onemanband 
               This song  was very easy from the start....I just thought?  Xmas & the rest appeared
 Immense thanx'z  for kind wordz........I did think about doing a reggae track & it would have been great fun but  I couldnt  motivate.....anyway  still got a couple of collabs possibly pending &  I'm o.k to get back to creative.......ness :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »
Suze
                This song is one of maybe  100's that I almost scrapped....many I erase  & then I'm told off
by friends  why? why did you scrap it....Its cause  I dont think I'm any good  at anything other than drinking tea  or  Chai  as we know it  ;D
                   Thanx'z  for 2013  Have a warm & gr8  xmas  & New year  watch out for sasquatch yeti
santa's  ;D ;D ;D ;D                     
                                                  Hug'zzz   Stylus :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
Hi Digger
                      I'm about as charming as a rhino mating out with a  overtly sedated elephant!  ;D ;D
Thanx'z for  listening to my  song  & kind wordz  Gratitude  ma dude  :) appreciated :) Stylus