konalavadome

Vday Entry - Praying That My Love's Enough

• 37 Replies

Innominate

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
Bass is a little too pronounced for me. While the melody grabs me right away the lyrics don't interest me, I don't know if it's because I can't hear them clearly or if they simply don't engage me. Other than that, fabulous. I agree with the others that this is your best vocal, you really nailed it.

Kafla

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 06:18:19 AM »
No worries Innominate - thanks for listening my friend ;D

Dutchbeat

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
brilliant, as always!

the singing is absolutely fabulous, some freddy mecury hidden inside of you as well!

but for some reason, i like you several of you other songs even better (Dead of Winter, Forgiveness, Risen), but that is just my twisted taste

S. Simon

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »
This is a very nice song. Plain, simple and honest. I'm not sure though that the combination of 3/4 and 4/4 works out well. I think the programmed drumpatterns are too dominant, or if you will too loud. For me they could be pitched down to zero or replaced by real percussion.
And, if I may say so, I'd start the first verse with a more modest melody and save the higher tones for when you get further in the song.
 And I'm not a great fan of home studios but for creating a rough version of a song they are fun to work with. But I would like to see some of you guys in action. So get your cameras and put yourselves on utube.
 And really Kafla, I do like this song a lot. You have a great voice. Keep it up!!!

Sebastian

Cameron Fielding

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:17 PM »
Great song, good mix, love your voice. Top banana.

If the missus doesn't go for that, I'd consider trading her in for a new model.  ;D

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 12:08:14 AM »
Hey,
Your best vocal ever.

Hmmm, as i've always said..... you need to throw ur vocal around to catch the melody (PJ Proby eat your heart out).   Kafla has raised the bar here.  The songwriter sings.  And he sings damn well.  Great song, great vocals and 10 out of 10 for going for these high notes!

Kafla

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »
Wow - lots of  new reviews and reviewers - excellent   ;D

The song is all in 3/4 timing , with regard to the mix I finally feel that I am mixing what I like to hear - bass more prominent as I love this, getting better at quantising drums and feel its better for me to keep the arrangment simple - but we all have different tastes and preferences in these areas

Yes my wife loves the song - she thinks it's totally different to my normal stuff - which a few of you have said - this worries me a little - ha ha  ;D

And Mr Dutchbeat - I love the fact you have taken such a shine to my music - its great to have a fanbase - well one fan is a fanbase isn't it? ;)

TunSongs

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
You obviously listened to your other songs and thought, how can I write a more vocally challenging song? Lots of high notes and all of them spot on.

Very catchy and up lifting song. Did it have the desired effect on your wife to cheer her up?

Justin

Arturo Boyero

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 04:09:17 AM »
Damn! Your song is stuck in my mind!! I really liked it! Keep on with the amazing work! Do yoy put music on other people's songs? What do you think of this one?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCwCYDmqcnk&list=WL5CC5BFD2815184AE&feature=mh_lolz
Now the light is dimming, but we're glowing from within. We are shiny.

Kafla

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »
thank you Justin & Arturo,

Yes it did cheer her up enormously , it's a really nice feeling when your music can touch at least one person in this way  :o

Sellon

• Open Mic
  • Disregard Everything I Say...

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
It's really, really nice that you'd do that for your wife, and i dunno man, i usually hate lyrics like this, but for some reason they capture me...I guess...it's weird...I dunno, I like it...So yeah, good job man...
What if we both just smiled at once?

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
Feels strange 'reviewing' someone so accomplished... but anyway... Love the tune and arrangement and really love when you ramp it up with extra vocals and drums half way through - great dynamics and shape. I found myself giving you some (slightly dodgy) backing vocals - well it definitely didn't add anything to your arrangement but definitely is a sign that I'm enjoying it!!! I wonder whether those high notes might have even more impact if you saved them for maybe one line in each verse? Not sure - it already has great structure and symmetry as it is, which I am a big fan of in a song. Great stuff!!

Kafla

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
Cheers Caco & Sellon for your kind comments ! So many new members it's hard to keep track   :o

And Caco I am nowhere near accomplished my friend seriously but I have improved 100% by listening to the good advice on this forum  ;D

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
I'm enjoying your stripped back presentations of your songs . This song has a chord progression with real direction.  The basic instrumentation is ideal for the song. The main vocal is very good and the backing vocals are very good too, though I do think you occasionally stray out of your comfort zone in terms of your range.  I'd think about changing the abrupt ending but that's just a minor point. 

Well done Andy and good luck in the Valentine's competition!

Paul

TheManInTheMoon

• Busker
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Gosh, if  you have been there;   this song will make the hairs stand up in your neck. From the heart , such a powerful reaching out in love from a husband to his wife. The hardest , most vulnerable question of all, I think a husband can ask ,  is - "is my love enough ? " Your singing is incredibly powerful and moving. The arrangement is spot on, the lyrics, like I said just hit you with recognition. Beautiful.