She's In Love

• 36 Replies

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • AlphaLine Website:
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 11:43:45 PM »
Phenomenal! Everything has already been said, so I'll save my steam... This track is fab!
C :)
Caz

Vocalist
AlphaLine

4 piece band from Surrey/Berkshire, UK, with sounds drawing in trip-hop, jazz, funk, ambient electronica and alternative psychedelic rock.

Check out our Instagram: www.instagram.com/alphalineband

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »
Phenomenal! Everything has already been said, so I'll save my steam... This track is fab!
C :)

Thank you sooo much for listening. And I'm glad you like the song.

And thanks to all who have listened!
                                                               8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 08:07:03 AM »
Hey Tom

Well, this just outstanding! Always a good moment when I see a new Iron Knee song in the listing.

Vocals are outstanding - as is the melody. The playing and the sound effects work really well when listening via headphones. I don't know how well they'd transfer to other systems.

The story is great, of course - I can just imagine the scene when our narrator steps down from that freight train and faces Loretta and her new lover...

One tiny of tiny nitpicks - I don't like that you've used the Loretta / Letter rhyme twice. It's a great rhyme - but it's lessened by re-use. I'm sure you can twist the words a little and avoid it. But it's a tiny thing.

Others have mentioned Nebraska. It's my favourite Springsteen album, too. By about a thousand miles. Stories and acoustic guitars, lived in voices, and atmosphere. You're up there with the best, man. Seriously.

Derek
West Country Country Boy

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 12:09:34 PM »
Loved this one Tom :) I felt like I was on the train, watching the story go bye...quite mesmerizing :)
the screeching train wheels sounded a bit too loud when they first came in, but then I got used to it ;)
Lovely vocals and harmonica, and the guitars were perfect :) Excellent production  :)

JonDavies

• Open Mic
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
Great song - haunting melody and beautiful lyrics - I love how the rhythm of the guitar mimics the sound of train tracks, was that intentional?

I agree about the harmonica clashing with the vocals - that could be adjusted by modifying the EQ or maybe panning. I also agree that the train sounds got a bit tiresome after a while.

Great song

GuitarArt1980

• Open Mic
    • Shapes & Faces
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »
This is the type of song that has a timelessness to it. Like it exists outside of current trends and will still sound relevant for years to come. Love the train sounds - very tastefully done and perfectly fits the narrative while providing a unique rhythmic element.

Great job at really painting a scene and putting the listener in it. Everything about this is top-notch.
Please like and share my band at www.facebook.com/shapesandfaces

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 06:35:48 AM »
Hey Tom

Well, this just outstanding! Always a good moment when I see a new Iron Knee song in the listing.

Vocals are outstanding - as is the melody. The playing and the sound effects work really well when listening via headphones. I don't know how well they'd transfer to other systems.

The story is great, of course - I can just imagine the scene when our narrator steps down from that freight train and faces Loretta and her new lover...

One tiny of tiny nitpicks - I don't like that you've used the Loretta / Letter rhyme twice. It's a great rhyme - but it's lessened by re-use. I'm sure you can twist the words a little and avoid it. But it's a tiny thing.

Others have mentioned Nebraska. It's my favourite Springsteen album, too. By about a thousand miles. Stories and acoustic guitars, lived in voices, and atmosphere. You're up there with the best, man. Seriously.

Derek

Thanks Dereek........I appreciate your listening and commenting. The rhymes are going to remain, unless there can be something better to be got. I went over that, already, a thousand times in my mind....
..nothing :P    ;D

Loved this one Tom :) I felt like I was on the train, watching the story go bye...quite mesmerizing :)
the screeching train wheels sounded a bit too loud when they first came in, but then I got used to it ;)
Lovely vocals and harmonica, and the guitars were perfect :) Excellent production  :)

Thanks Crystalsuzy for stopping by!! I appreciate it  ;D

Great song - haunting melody and beautiful lyrics - I love how the rhythm of the guitar mimics the sound of train tracks, was that intentional ?

I agree about the harmonica clashing with the vocals - that could be adjusted by modifying the EQ or maybe panning. I also agree that the train sounds got a bit tiresome after a while.

Great song

Hey there Jon, thanks for listening and commenting  ;) Yea, It's easy to strum the guitar to sound like a train....especially when I use real train recordings to layer into the mix. It worked out well. Thanks for noticing.
And the harmonica is an easy fix....will get to that later in the year.
Thanks, again!!

This is the type of song that has a timelessness to it. Like it exists outside of current trends and will still sound relevant for years to come. Love the train sounds - very tastefully done and perfectly fits the narrative while providing a unique rhythmic element.

Great job at really painting a scene and putting the listener in it. Everything about this is top-notch.
Hey thanks GuitarArt1980 for the generous words of comment. I really appreciate it!!

And thanks to all who have listened!
                                                         8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee