Going to Hell in Petrol Soaked Knickers

• 37 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »
Hey Tina I didn't mean to dismiss your song as not being worthy of serious consideration because it is a 'novelty/comedy/comic' song, though with the hookline 'Im going to hell in petrol soaked knickers' you might struggle for it not to be thought of in that way.

It's interesting and a few weeks ago I did sketch out a thread on the subject without ever posting it, so I will now try to get that started and we can all have a big debate about it!

Anyway I'll shut up now and leave the thread to your song.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
there was no problem viscount.. i thought you explained yourself reayl well in your post & i didnt take offence :)
i will have a lot to say tho in that thread when you start it!  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:53 PM »
shocking title... marvellous
spoooky ghost train siren ..wonderful touch..
lov the drums.. the toms coming in behind 
vocal works really well and guitar has a real attitude..it is not a happy bunny.. kind of like steve vai in that crossroads movie..hope you lock it up at night   ..
id hav liked a bit more bassline maybe but when i turned it up it didnt matter at all.. sounds terrific 
great song tina

always thought you wrote in a kind of cartoon style , animated characters and situations that so brilliantly reflect real life.
if they laugh its cos they’re scared !

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »
Hi Tina,

Awesome.

I was going to leave it at that, but one word seems inadequate. ;D
I think the guitar tones , use of fx, gives it a wonderfully psychotic edge.
Overflows with attitude. The vocal delivery is spot on.

Just love when the guitars explode.

Digger

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
I don't know what to say. Im in shock. I shared it on Twitter because I thought it was f****** amazing. When is the album out? This is one of maybe 4 songs I have heard on this forum that have given me a buzz from the first listen. I am now inspired to take my head out of my backside and try to do something as fun as this. By the way, I got anger not comedy, but it is great fun to listen to.

Don't get excited I have only got 70 followers and most of them want my money.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »
Definitely got a blues feel, but your mixing with all the different sounds and sirens creates your own genre.

Love it, this is better than your last song , which I liked a lot. Your voice is compelling and fuses well with the sound you created , can't wait to hear your next song.

....and of course the title lyrics....brilliant

Sandeep

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:30 PM »
I couldn't get past the protagonist shooting THE WRONG PERSON. 

Perhaps it's my U.S. based upbringing.  Here, the babysitter is most likely to be an under-age girl, and that is the picture I had in my head. 

Soooooo... the picture in my (American) head is of a jealous wife catching her 45 year old husband taking advantage of a 16 year old girl, and SHOOTING THE GIRL. 

Can't get past the young girl being a victim of the husband, THEN being shot.   That just hits me wrong.  Couldn't enjoy or appreciate this with that picture in my head.   
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 06:27:52 PM »
no hardtwistmusic the problem is not you are american  the problem is you are a man...
the wife has just had a baby remember?.. she feels fat ugly & unattractive from the pregnancy ...the immediate focus of her rage is the slim attractive young girl stealing her man & her dreams
she deeply regrets it after ...as she says 'im going to hell in petrol soaked knickers' ...she knows she  killed (& disfigured) the wrong one

what realy sounds like a a bit of a problem .. is not being able to listen to a song because you thought you found a little flaw in the lyric!...how on earth do you manage with  the majority of songs where the lyrics are mostly nonsense & more full of holes than blackburn lancashire

by the way i have had 16 year old babysitters who had figures that made me look like a walrus!
i would never have left my children in the care of anyone younger like you seem to be suggesting goes on in america
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:29:38 PM by tinam »

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
Haha! Bloody brilliant! Really well done Tinam! Not much to say than that really.I thought all the elements worked really well together.The guitar was excellent! The vocal was really good although I think a little more compression would have helped some of the harder to hear lines (it's mainly fine,but there's just a couple of lines that stretch the old ear drums a bit)

Fantastic work! Look me up in hell...I'm the guy in the petrol soaked Mankini!! Haha!  ;D

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »
paulski...cramer...delboy : many thanks for the positive feedback!

tom...digger... martyn: omg you used all my favorite words!! ;D .. 'awesome' ' f**kin amazing' 'psychotic' & of course the one I dream off nightly 'guitars explode'....oh I am a pampered puss!  :)

nooms: fancy you thinking it was a ghost train siren?...it was supposed to be a  police car
 I like that you thought I wrote in a cartoon style ...i think your right :)

sandeep;  thankyou for saying ive created my own genre!

lost boy: I can never work out how to use compression its always been to complicated ...
petrol soaked mankini!! omg you mustve been bad

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 02:55:20 AM »
no hardtwistmusic the problem is not you are american  the problem is you are a man...
the wife has just had a baby remember?.. she feels fat ugly & unattractive from the pregnancy ...the immediate focus of her rage is the slim attractive young girl stealing her man & her dreams
she deeply regrets it after ...as she says 'im going to hell in petrol soaked knickers' ...she knows she  killed (& disfigured) the wrong one

what realy sounds like a a bit of a problem .. is not being able to listen to a song because you thought you found a little flaw in the lyric!...how on earth do you manage with  the majority of songs where the lyrics are mostly nonsense & more full of holes than blackburn lancashire

by the way i have had 16 year old babysitters who had figures that made me look like a walrus!
i would never have left my children in the care of anyone younger like you seem to be suggesting goes on in america

I regret that the criticism offended.  If I had known it would, I wouldn't have made it. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 10:23:10 AM »
Hey I love this. Great title, love the vibe. The SFX make it for me, they fit in seemlessly and totally add to the overall effect. The guitar solo seems a bit long and indulgent for such a short song. For me I'd prefer a little less guitar and a little more vocal.

Overall a cracking little tune.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 08:47:31 PM »
Well i have to say that is one of the best blues rock song i have heard in a long time, you got to go live video with this, Mad Bad Going to Hell in Petrol Soaked Knickers and Proud.

Woman you got it all   8)

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:29 AM »
Hey there tinam.....I've listened to this a few times, now........Pretty cool and lively theater, all set to an audio extravaganza. Fun listen and captivating. the song, itself, is really good....the production is out-of-this-world  8)
Cool stuff!
                            -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:36 AM »
Yeah the lyrics rocks !
I especially like the last verse !

It works well, everything's in place ! Maybe the voice is a bit too proeminent in the mix, I thought it should be on the same level of the guitar. But I'm no pro.

It could be on one of these Tarantino movies, humourous and bloody.

Have you already been on stage ?

Nono.