konalavadome

Going to Hell in Petrol Soaked Knickers

• 37 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
This is my murder blues ive been working on ...no its not where I murder the blues! tho you might think so! ... blues is not a style I realy play but I think im quite versatile...
I always like to start with a realy good title bcos it immediately gives you so many ideas & the song just writes itself...I like to make songs a bit theatrical with sound effects & voices & play guitar parts for dramatic effect  
I hope you can hear the words clearly I always have trouble getting my singing voice to cut thru

edit: ive totally forgot to credit freesounds & the wonderful  people who provide the sound effects samples i used ! i will look them up ...i use freesounds a lot!

Lyrics:
I caught him with the babysitter...
& full of pills & wine & liquor
I burst in & pulled the trigger
If Id shot her twice it woulda been quicker
but I watched her bleed  cos I was sicker.
Im going to hell
in petrol soaked knickers

She was young n so much prettier
I had a baby & a 'dont touch' sticker
she wasnt dead  so I thought Id kick her
& I was bitter so I bit her,
& by now she werent that prettier.
Im going to hell

The judge said lady you aint no quitter
I can see that from the way you bit her
turn off that fuzz box  before I hit ya
no jury will ever acquit ya
so let me say before the devils lit ya
youre going to hell

(c) T.Marshall 2016
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:57:20 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM »
This is SO wrong it's just SO right...

I really don't know exactly what I want to say other than it's brilliant and I don't know why  ;D ;D

Whatever you've been drinking I'd like a shot, though I don't think I could enjoy it anymore even if I was drunk.

What a fantasic, original piece of work... Love it, love it, love it

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »

Hey Tina ;D

Fkn Love it ;D ;D

Sooooo good to hear your stuff again. 

Bags of fun.  I know it's blues, but you've put your
 original stamp on it, and taken it to a new level.
 It's ART ;D ;D ;D an I love it......and you ;D ;D
 You are such an imaginative guitar player, and you
 make it sound so easy.....your lead playing just flows
 so well, as if your fingers know where to go before
 your brain does.........and you know how to entertain
 and ROCK ;D ;D

Just brilliant darlin ;D ;D Lyrics/arrangement/playing
 everything.......

xxBIG BEAR HUGxx......great start to my day ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »
For sure the most original blues number I've ever heard, loved the guitar all the way through, sounded real pro...vox was perfect for the song..just perfect, :) :)
lyrics off the charts awesome!!! :) :)
I laughed all the way through..s ;D ;sorry if I wasn't supposed to, ;D

frankly just effing awesome in it's originality..you make those serious blues guys look so unoriginal..wow..

Stands back in amazement!!  (me that is )

best, Kevin :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:14:00 AM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »
Good song Tina, loved the guitar playing and the hanging tough vocals.you play with a sort of abandon that comes from being a good player.Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 03:31:24 PM »
This is great Tinam. It's a huge dollop of attitude topped off with some top quality guitar, lush vocals and some brilliant effects. Oh, and the title is the best I have seen in quite a while. Top marks from me.

Cheers John

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
offensive remark removed!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:26:24 PM by Chickenfeet Cramer »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 07:57:23 PM »
 :D

It's a riot..woooga woooga.. :o

Tinam,where the unusual is usual!

A great load of cheeky,irreverent and warped hilarity which immediately grabs one by the closest delicate bits and shakes them relentless for 2.15. In yer face and impossible to ignore.

The only thing I miss tina,is some ballsy bottom end in the recording. Did you put a bass on the track,if you did I'd like it well up.

Thanks for the listen.  8)

Brilliant idea on how to name a track too. It's always a boring,predictable afterthought with me,I virtually give it no time/thought at all.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:00:03 PM by Skub »

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:01:10 PM »
Arkwright: thank you so much for your enthusiasm for my song ...i was over the moon to read what you wrote! Im afraid I was drinking tea when I wrote & recorded it  :)

bindaddy: im so glad you are still here! so many people have left since ive been on this forum!
I am flattered you like my guitar playing so much when you are no slouch yourself & that you recognise im always trying to entertain with what I do...i still get a kick when people say I rock :)

kevin: omg what amazing comments! ...you are very kind! I am so pleased you found it original bcos that is my motivation... to always try to do something a bit different with things...
the blues isnt sacred is it

jamie: vocals are not my strongest thing so im glad you thought they were in character for the song!
cheers for comments on my guitaring... you are right I do try to play with a sort of abandon as you said... I dont think about what im playing I just get in the mood connect with the guitar & let it happen

john: im so happy you rated it highly... ive had  the impression you know a lot about blues & related music so I was chuffed

skub: I think its important to make things entertaining so theres always humour in what I do
the trouble is once youve started being funny people never take anything you do you seriously!
& that has been a real problem
as for the bass its only under the guitar solo to hold it together when It gets a bit lairy
I was going for  a stripped down seasick steve thing when I started it & didnt want any bass guitar on it

viscount kramer: im sorry you couldnt find one thing you liked enough to leave a comment...all you could do was insult someone who liked it a lot ???  Do you realise how rude you are

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 02:08:59 AM »
Entertaining and fun. Loved how you rhyme bitter and bit her :):)
That's the blues? Sounded like a rocker to me but maybe I'm off mine :)
Good vocals, cool guitars. Mix is a bit toppy in places but seems to not matter.
Hey Viscount - what's up with the jab at Kevin? I didn't see anything pr*ckish in his post  ??? ???

Last point about this song is - what's petrol? Is that gasoline? Half kidding!  ;D ;D

Paul

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 05:24:05 AM »
Yes Tina you're right I am extremely rude but I couldn't help myself. Sorry about not leaving a comment on the song.

There seems to be a lot of 'comic' stuff on the forum lately which i find difficult to take seriously! I have been considering starting a thread about...er...'novelty' songs, so i hope you will contribute your thoughts.

You have got some good funny lines here and the title is a classic. Your guitar playing is mad and great...much better than mine, and the style is a perfect fit for the song. certainly does have that dramatic effect!

Bit of a Jean Genie riff which may be rock Paulski but firmly based on the blues. The siren thing reminded me of the Sweet song so took me to that era.

Interesting how you say that it is difficult to be taken seriously when you're being funny all the time. I've read your comments and had the thought too that it must now be hard for you to make a 'straight' comment. Very entertaining for us though!

I didn't take the chance to thank you for commenting on my song cos I didn't want to keep bumping it to the top so I'll thank you now.

Very clever, original song with a lot of spark and a knockout title.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 07:56:34 AM »
Great stuff! I certainly wouldn't want to cross you  :o

Echo all the thoughts and comments above, wonderful playing, great fun. Loved the build-up throughout. The only thing that jumped out at me was the re-use of the rhyme "bit her". Other than that wouldn't change a thing.

Cheers
Derek
West Country Country Boy

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »
cheers guys for the extra comments

thankyou viscount cramer for clearing things up

omg this has realy got out of hand ...I did not write this as a comedy song!
Its meant to be serious with some black humour
im grateful for people listening & commenting & whatever they get from the song is fine bcos thats what songs are for but I do get depressed when evryrthing I do is seen as pure novelty & just 'fun'
i know its my own fault  for being funny & joking on the forum...
i just want to entertain... & theres more than one way of being entertaining :)

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
Supremely awesome stuff Tina! Your guitar playing is bloody awesome of course, lots of nice anger and violence in there.

But the lyrics and just brilliant, super story and studded with super lines ("I had a baby & a 'dont touch' sticker", "she wasnt dead  so I thought Id kick her").

I read it as a sort of black comedy song, the feeling seems real but the details feel heightened. As if this was what the protagonist felt like doing even if they didn't.

Top draw stuff anyway, vying for SOTM for sure!  :)

Tom.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »
Was fascinated by the dual guitar tracks which gave it a really effective off-balance feel - split personality maybe?!

Fun lyrics (at the risk of being too serious I couldn't help noticing the "bit her" come back in the 3rd verse - would be nice to avoid that - but I know perfection is not the point here).

Re the vocals cutting through, could it be something as simple as high-passing the reverb so it's a bit less boomy? (Hark at me, I am the least qualified here to give advice on mixing)