I'm So Superficial! Valentines Comp entry!

• 37 Replies

olivergearing

• Open Mic
    • Oliver Gearing @ Reverbnation
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »
If you asked David Bowie in the seventies to imagine how music would sound in 2016, I'm pretty sure he would have written this track.

Proof that you are a genius. Loved it

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 11:27:42 PM »
I liked this the first time you posted it and I gotta say I think I like it even more. It almost sounds like a soundtrack from a Disney land ride in tomorrow land. I am thinking of the rides that take you through their predictions of space age life, very similar vibe to this if I remember rightly ( its about 20 years since I was there and my mind plays some very mean tricks on me at times )

Good fun piece

Allan.

love the good ship.
Thanks Allan, I've never been there, but I wish this was a soundtrack for a Disney land ride  ;D
I'd be making some $$$

Always a pleasure to take a journey into
 your imagination CS  ;D ;D

I'm stunned ;D ;D

Is that your real voice at the end ??

Good luck xx

Thanks so much Bin, glad to have you with me in my imagination ;D it get's lonely sometimes ;D
Yes, that is my real voice at the end  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 12:14:35 PM »
great rythm track suzi love the riff
your vocals and the samples brilliantly arranged and like the melodys and the weaving
real nice change down with the gtr pause and the rebuild
i couldnt make out all the narrative & heard more on each listen
lovely groove  dreamlike and spooky

you have a startling kind of 70s movie voice when you speak suzi, ..its amazing, like you were in bullett with steve mcqueen or something like that.. im not trying to be funny just trying to pinpoint what i mean..

Thanks for noticing the rhythm track Nooms...I worked hard on that :o I'm glad you liked the
melody...it was pretty well improvised, as were the lyrics...sorry you couldn't totally make them
out ::)
"a startling kind of 70s movie voice" ;D LOL! I'll take that as a compliment, as I am into theater  :o

Wah Suzy. This has changed and gets better and better every time I listen to it. Totally off the wall and totally up Mon rue

Brilliant  :)

Pompeyjazz
Thanks so much John :) "Off the wall and up your street"///sounds like a song to me ;D ;D

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
ha; love these old school synths.

and you use this daft punk kinda vocal fx stuff :)

the mix itself needs a little more "lows" - bass - bass drum (thickness)

the song itself is super creative. i love all these crazy ideas. i really wanna look inside your head... :)

tx a lot for sharing.

B.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
If you asked David Bowie in the seventies to imagine how music would sound in 2016, I'm pretty sure he would have written this track.

Proof that you are a genius. Loved it
WOW, Oliver :o I'll take this reference to DB with a smile ;D  he truly was a musical
genius :o I'm truly not, but I'm glad you liked this track :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
ha; love these old school synths.

and you use this daft punk kinda vocal fx stuff :)

the mix itself needs a little more "lows" - bass - bass drum (thickness)

the song itself is super creative. i love all these crazy ideas. i really wanna look inside your head... :)

tx a lot for sharing.

B.
Thanks B :) It was a fun song to create, and no, you would not want to look inside my head :o
you'd probably become very confused ::) thanks for the heads up on the low end...I wasn't sure,
cause I've only listened to it on head phones  :o :o

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »
Haha! Wow! Is all I can say.What a fun couple of listens! Really cool original and clever stuff.All I have in way of critique is that some of your "P" noises especially in the breakdown were a little heavy,I would have maybe tried fading into those words a bit to take the sting out of it a little,but hey, that's me nit picking.I look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Great job!  ;D
Leo

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
Haha! Wow! Is all I can say.What a fun couple of listens! Really cool original and clever stuff.All I have in way of critique is that some of your "P" noises especially in the breakdown were a little heavy,I would have maybe tried fading into those words a bit to take the sting out of it a little,but hey, that's me nit picking.I look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Great job!  ;D
Leo
Thanks Leo, I'm glad you enjoyed the listens :) I know a couple of the "P" pops are a little much in
the breakdown, but I did it on my headphone mic, so no pop screen, but when I tried to redo it, it
just didn't sound as good to me  :o