konalavadome

Bingo Mama's

• 36 Replies

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 09:20:24 AM »
Hello!

Do I dare say that this is Bowie-inspired? I get a little "Suffragette City"-feeling on this one. Acually when I think about it Bowie was very inspired by early rock n' roll so that analogy doesn't really make a lot of sense, but take it as a compliment!

Great song!! The production is on spot for the genre I think!

Who is playing the piano? Whoever you are, you are gold.

With love
Known as, Beppe

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »
Heh,I enjoyed that. The only minor niggle for me was the great piano playing rather put the guitar solo in the shade! That aside,it's a fun song and well put together.

Thanks Scub :) Glad you enjoyed :) I won't tell the guitar player what you said  ;D

I really enjoyed this Suzy, upbeat and easy on the ear. Has a kind of free and easy live feel. The piano solo is fabulous and it all comes together nicely.  ;D

Thanks Doodles :) Glad you liked it ;D and yes, the piano player is amazing :)

Hello!

Do I dare say that this is Bowie-inspired? I get a little "Suffragette City"-feeling on this one. Acually when I think about it Bowie was very inspired by early rock n' roll so that analogy doesn't really make a lot of sense, but take it as a compliment!

Great song!! The production is on spot for the genre I think!

Who is playing the piano? Whoever you are, you are gold.

With love
Known as, Beppe
Thanks so much Beppe :) Any reference to Bowie is always a compliment :) :)
The piano player is a good friend of mine, but unfortunately, for me, he's moved away from my
little town, so won't be easy to get him playing on other songs :(

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 08:14:59 AM »
Not sure how a rock'n'roll / bluesy sound slipped past my radar but I appear to have missed this one. You asked for comments on the production but alas that's an area, along with Chinese algebra, that I know nothing about. Nevertheless, I felt that the bass was a little too central in the mix, a little too over-powering in a non-bass way (for me this needs a dirty old bass sound not the very round and perfect sound here). I felt that the chugga-guitar and that bass gave the song a nice feel, but it's a little too chugga-chugga-chugga throughout, even the vocals fit so comfortably into this feel and pattern and groove, it's almost like the song wants to break loose and swing but isn't allowed to. Overall, I'd say there's a brilliant song here waiting to explode out from a very "nice" sound.

Now the song - superb. Love the lyrics and the solos and the melody. As mentioned above, brilliant!
West Country Country Boy

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:22 PM »
Not sure how a rock'n'roll / bluesy sound slipped past my radar but I appear to have missed this one. You asked for comments on the production but alas that's an area, along with Chinese algebra, that I know nothing about. Nevertheless, I felt that the bass was a little too central in the mix, a little too over-powering in a non-bass way (for me this needs a dirty old bass sound not the very round and perfect sound here). I felt that the chugga-guitar and that bass gave the song a nice feel, but it's a little too chugga-chugga-chugga throughout, even the vocals fit so comfortably into this feel and pattern and groove, it's almost like the song wants to break loose and swing but isn't allowed to. Overall, I'd say there's a brilliant song here waiting to explode out from a very "nice" sound.

Now the song - superb. Love the lyrics and the solos and the melody. As mentioned above, brilliant!
Thanks so much for your kind comments delboy :) I'm glad you got a chance to listen to this and that you liked it :) good idea about the bass and letting it break loose and swing ;D ;D

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
Hi Guys, nice tight feel, loved the piano and the guitar solos. It also made me think about Bowie round the time of Suffragette City too!
Cool!
Cheers
Jamie

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 12:54:26 AM »
Hi Guys, nice tight feel, loved the piano and the guitar solos. It also made me think about Bowie round the time of Suffragette City too!
Cool!
Cheers
Jamie
Thanks Jamie :) Wow, another Bowie reference :o Can't get better than that :) :)

adamholden

• Open Mic
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2016, 01:33:07 AM »
Very nice