konalavadome

Your Darlings' Tears by Scott Jones

• 15 Replies

ScottJonesMusic

• Busker
« on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:47 AM »
Hi it's new song time!! :) I thought i'd upload this one because it's very sad and very personal to me at this moment in time... so I hope you guys enjoy, and please give me feedback! https://soundcloud.com/scott-jones-56-1/your-darlings-tears-an

EDIT: Sorry I forgot the lyrics!!

If I can
I'll fill up
That hole inside... your heart
But I'll try
Even though
We had to say goodbye

I'll keep you warm
Throughout the night
With my light

If you give me the chance
I'll cry
Your darlings' tears

If you want
I'll use your font
To write you a song
About you
About us
As a family - our memories

I'll keep you warm
Throughout the night
With my light

I'll cry
Your darlings' tears

I'll keep you warm
Throughout the night
With my love

I'll cry
Your darlings' tears
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:41:33 PM by ScottJonesMusic »

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
Think you`ve got something going with your sound,,,,i dare say theres a few out there doing this sort of  vulnerable vocal ,but keep at it..

I see your in Amersham..i was raised in High Wycombe..not to far away at all.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
Hauntingly  emotional,sensitive  emoting a depth..........   Beautiful    Thanks  Stylus

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
Hay Scott..

Nice song .. Film movie type song .. Landscape and so forth .. or a boat drifting in the see .. some thing like that ..  :D

still using special tuning for the guitar ???? 8)

Dogmax

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Well Scott

This is one beautiful song from start to finish, congratulation Scott.

Brilliant.

monkfish79

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
Nice work. Would benefit hugely from a click track - they're well worth it, especially for slower songs. I did note that it was a live recording though, so no foul on this track.  ;D

The song itself is really nice and the vocal's well delivered - you've got a cracking voice! The melismatic frilly bits at the end of some of the lines pull you off a little though - I normally make sure the underlying tune is rock solid before putting those in. Try rehearsing it without any embellishment for a while and see what comes up!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
Lovely tone to your vocal and the delivery is superb  :'(

I was not a fan of the big gaps between the vocals and the pauses - was little too much for me and rather than adding to the emotion they diluted the impact for me - perhaps 1 pause would have more impact

Overall though a great track and performance
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

TommyBstrom

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
Wonderfull! Love you guitar playing. And your voice is really great as well! Keep it up my friend!

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »
Hey Jack

Well done  ;D

You have your own style and that's great.  Your voice is unique too.  You are very young and I'm so impressed,

However....your voice is sometimes flat and I think it might be because of the way you are singing in such a laid back style so really concentrate on your pitchin.  Also don't keep singing trills too much as otherwise it can get boring.

Great guitar playing too. 

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
Lovely intro and guitar playing.
Can imagine this with a cello underneath it in places
Someone has mentioned the gaps which felt like false ending
Nice
:)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

ScottJonesMusic

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
Hey guys just want to say thanks to everyone who's posted so far!! I'm going to try and take all your feedback on board and i'm extremely grateful for all the comments! :)

@sonsthatcry That's awesome!! Did you go to RGS??

@Stylus Thanks so much this song means a lot to me atm :)

@Saeed AlSuri Yeah i am :P for this song i used the tuning D(low), A, D, G, B, D(high)

@Dogmax Thanks! Means a lot! :)

@monkfish79 Thanks for the comments, please could you elaborate on what you mean by embellishments??

@Boydie Thanks, and i'll tone down some of the gaps and take your advice on board!

@flossie Thanks for the compliments, and i'm going to record a "studio" version soon so hopefully there won't be so many flat notes! :) oh and ummm sorry, my name's scott not jack... unless jack's your name?? aha i don't know :P

@Neil C yeah i completely agree with what you said about the cello, as it happens after i first listened back to my song i ordered a cello which arrived yesterday! If i have the time, i'll add it in my "studio" version :)

So yeah thanks to everyone who's responded so far!

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
Great guitar intro it sets the melancholy of the song up nicely. Your vocal is perfect for an intensely raw emotional song of this type. I think the emotion of the song is to be found in the stripped back nature of the song. Had it been heavily produced it would have lost that emotional edge IMO.

monkfish79

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »
@monkfish79 Thanks for the comments, please could you elaborate on what you mean by embellishments??

Hey Scott,

The embellishments (in this case) are the notes that you're adding to your held notes. The lyric "cry your darling's tears" could be sung over four different notes and convey the same basic melody. I always find that it's best to rehearse the simplest possible version of something. Then you have the foundation to build up something awesome in the knowledge that - melodically, at least - you know exactly where to land at the end of each phrase.

ScottJonesMusic

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »
@monkfish79

Aaahhh yeah that makes a lot more sense than what i was doing! (i'm pretty new to singing so i'd just go with the flow :P) thanks for the pointers and i'll definitely start doing that now!! :D

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »
One word: fragile