The Go-to Guy

• 17 Replies

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 11:02:56 AM »
At the risk of being crude I`d cut one of my bollocks off to write lyrics like this..to be fair I don`t use them much these days anyway but you get the drift. Paul has the uncanny trick of making songwriting appear effortless & create words & melodies to make mini masterpieces like this. Superb vicious guitar solo & I`m also glad to hear the return of the cowbell. And the swine has even done a great video for it too.  ;D  Sickened & infuriated as I am with him for having so much talent at the end of the day its another marvellous song from @PaulAds
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:07:08 AM by 5 guys named Lars »

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 11:19:27 AM »
One of your best

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 07:04:01 PM »
Marvlious stuff Paul.  One thing I really like about your lyrics, always, is that one can tell they are about something pointed... but they are also a bit cryptic... so there's no laying it on with a trowel and they are still a bit open to interpretation.  (My interpretation is that this is about Cameron but I'm not 100% sure and that's part of the fun).  I also loved the spikey choppy guitars and like others also heard a bit of early Elvis Costello in it, which is fine company.  Splendid.
It's all too beautiful.