Destiny

• 30 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Loved the piano intro @Jamie bit of a Mike Oldfield feel there for me.  Great vocal!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 05:11:56 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@pompeyjazz
Cheers John, I didn't feel it was 'proggy' but it's been mentioned more than once, so must be me :P ;).Pleased you mentioned 'spacey' as i was aiming for that type of sound. Great comments mate cheers!

@CaliaMoko
Hi Vicki, thanks for your prosody thoughts I'll try to keep that in mind. The truth is I just sing it as I feel it, so it comes out like that :o. Pleased you mention the bass because I tried to keep it airy and sparse, but it needed the bass to hold it together. Thanks Vicki!

@5guysnamedlars

Thanks for your great comments. I played around with the drums a lot before landing on this arrangement. I wanted the song to evolve, as you commented, and as it was a kind of sparse, airy arrangement it needed the drum variation to kick it along, but what do i know ::) :P ;).

Thanks again for listening!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 05:17:27 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@kafla
Hi Andy, great comments, cheers. Pleased you mentioned the bass, i think it really holds it together. Sorry it didn't have the big chorus payoff, I was going for understated  ;)

@adamfarr
Hi Adam , didn't see a Rush comment coming but I'll take it. Pleased you enjoyed it and got something from it!

@Grubstar
Hi, lovely comments, thanks. Those high notes were getting to my limit  :o.Thanks for the great comments!

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening.

@nooms
Hi, Colin Blunstone has been mentioned to me before, I see where you're coming from. Like the Genesis comparison 8). As a Scot, I'm not  sure about the English comment  ;) ;D, but as both my kids were born in England I can't say too much ;). I was aiming for a big airy sound, so next time I'll go to Lincoln Cathedral which is a bit nearer to me......Yes, I was tempted to do the kitchen sink thing, but I restrained myself :P'

@moraamarolaloba
Hi Mora, great comments, so pleased you got the feel from the music and that the lyrics supported it! Thanks so much.

@Unclenny
Hi, yes I put a lot of effects on the vocals and doubled them up to get the spacey sound I was going for. Great comments

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi All, thanks for listening!

@Andi
Hi, glad you enjoyed it, thanks for taking the time.

@montydog
Hi Alan, yes very much a fan of Yes, love there older stuff especially. I've had this said before, and its not a bad thing at all! Pleased to make you feel better after listening to it, not sure I've always achieved that ;).

@LostBoy
Hi Leo, too kind sir, love the comments! Yes I noticed the blips you mentioned and tried to mitigate them, still work to be done maybe? delighted with the chords and melody comments!

Cheers guys!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 05:39:19 PM »

@Binladeda
Hi Bin, I too am a big fan of Yes, great band! You are too kind with your comments cheers mate!

@MichaelA
Hi Michael, yes my secrets out, I could've been a contender if it wasn't for all the debauchery ;), that's where I went wrong, don't tell anyone ;). Great comments, really appreciate  them!

@PeteS

Hi, hand thought of Mike Oldfield, that's interesting 8). Glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers all, thanks for listening!

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »
@Jamie - lovely to hear from you again.

Nice bass level right from the off.

You are carving your own distinctive style, sounds excellent, like the dryish ‘free’  vox over the verb vox, nice touch.

Excellent song

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2020, 11:27:10 AM »
Beautiful intro!

The song that follow doesn't disappoint either.  Your work is always interesting and often emotional.  This is such a beautiful and touching song that tugs at the heart strings.  Job done!

Paul

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 11:50:17 PM »
This is very very good - I believe I have made comparisons with established bands and I hear influences here but I'm struck with how creative this is as a song - I think particularly the production.. The melodies and chord progressions are just lovely and ear-grabby but it's the overall lush sound that I love most about this. Just wonderful.. And I've listened a bunch of times and will again..

Karen

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 06:47:47 PM »
Hi Jamie...sorry I'm so far behind in my reviews...beautifully crafted and a great listen. You could have been right up there with the very best of them in mid/late 70's with the songs you write...there's often a hint of mysticism along with the super playing and knockout vocals. Somehow reminded me of the earlier ELO albums...eldorado/on the third day etc...not so much the songs (from what little I recall of them) but the whole concept idea and the thought of songs being more than just songs...and more like little movies.

Lovely song anyway...please excuse the ramble!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 09:31:39 AM »
@Jamie - Apologies for not reviewing earlier, but I did take a listen, but I forgot to review...

Lovely production jamie, I just dig your high voice, I have a thing about successful vocalist usually can get right up there, as it sits higher in the frequency range and as such is easier to mix, and avoid all those other instruments below it,

The single vocal is a tad exposed at about 3:00, one of your best Jamie, really like it, and can hear real leaps in your songwriting and production technique.

Rich

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Very accomplished track.
As Paul mentions - has a sort of cinematic quality. It's not just a pop blast, its a bit more otherworldly than that.
Can't say i'm familiar with "Yes," so can't attest to those comparisons, but it does have that proggy 70s feel for sure.

Digger

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »

@cowparsleyman Hi Rich, loving that you like the song and also enjoyed the comments about creating my own style, that's a really motivational comment.

@Wicked Deeds Hi Paul, great comments I like the interesting and emotional comments.

@MonnoDB Hi Karen, thanks, great comments. It's so great when somebody actually likes what you do and 'gets it'! I have written and recorded songs with traditional structures and soundscapes, but I find myself drawn to creating something that sounds different, atmospheric and emotional.

Cheers guys!

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening! It's always appreciated!

@PaulAds Hi Paul, listen, I know how hard it is to try and keep up with everything that's going on. Great comments from you but I am especially taken with your comment about 'little movies'. I've rarely done storytelling songs and I usually write lyrics by envisioning something but not necessarily telling it as a story, but more of a commentary on a movie that I have in my head. Makes my day that comment!

@cowparsleyman Hi Rich , as you are one of the production 'ninjas' around here I am delighted with your comments on production.Great comments thanks Rich.

@digger72 Hi Digger, see my comments re movies to Paul above, ref your cinematic comment. Love the 'otherworldly' comment as I've said before I search for new arrangements and soundscapes to play with. Great comments form someone who knows how to write and record great songs!

Cheers guys

Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:26 AM »
Hi Jamie
Definitely hearing Yes influences here. And like someone said a sprinkle of Rush (a Canadian band I might add :D )
That vocal is spot on and stellar performances on all instruments.
Must admit that the prosody issues jumped out at me like they did for Vicky. But I always expect a lead vox to sound conversational - even in prog rock. My other nit was the melody jumping up like it does at the end of the lines. Yes used to do that occasionally too, - it's obviously a personal preference. For me the melody doesn't resolve on those lines so leaves me hanging :D

Nits aside - your talent is head and shoulders above most of us around these parts so ignore me at your pleasure :D
Paul