konalavadome

True love

• 17 Replies

Carlonely

• Busker
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 04:14:30 PM »
@Carlonely
The initial goal was to sound as eighties as possible. but sounding contemporary in the meantime isn’t such a bad thing i guess  :)  After all, we’re living in the now aren’t we? No sense in trying to live a past life.
You got me thinking: maybe it would work to create vintage sounding songs, but with an obvious contemporary part that contradicts, Like an acid house TB303-synth in 50s rock 'n roll, or shoegaze guitar noise cutting through dixieland tunes  ??? Worth a try… or doomed to fail? We’ll find out. Thanks for listening and for your comment!
[/quote]

Yeah that's definetely worth a try! In fact I find it almost impossible to make a song sound completely "uncontemporary" and in the end that's a nice way to develop a unique sound of yours...
Carlonely - JonasK

Dorian

• Open Mic
  • Arghhh!!!
    • Dorian Urac Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 04:54:00 PM »
@Elvis Nash
That sounds like a truly interesting life; networking and working with other musicians and mixing engineers and such  :) Meanwhile learning from others and being inspired. Sounds truly wonderful!
In bleak contrast, I always work alone from my bedroom studio, located in a small and somewhat dull Dutch village. Apart from 2 mixing engineers, one professional singer and a handful of amateur gitarists I barely speak to anyone in the music industry. Guess the real Dorian is more of an introvert than the image I tend to show the online community  ::) Nevertheless, next month I’ll be working with a mixing engineer for the first time in many years. Looking forward to it, especially to how I’ll sound being mixed on a Midas console in a pro studio  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:02:49 PM by Dorian »
Dorian Urac is a home-recording songwriter and musician.
SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/dorian-urac

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 05:01:07 PM »
I don't like sitting around watching mixes , I let them run thru it , Ok gotta go
Have fun my man
A good producer is valuable
Sing this quieter sing this louder
Your diction is not coming thru
Sing the line again
Things of that nature