Catch Me If You Can

• 3 Replies

Mundane

• Busker
« on: December 30, 2022, 12:50:36 PM »
Hello everybody,
I'm in the process (well, the beginning really) of creating a live set that I can perform using Ableton.  This song represents the kinds of style I am aiming for.  I would really appreciate your thoughts, positive and negative, to help me fine tune the end product.
Thanks in advance for your time, it really is massively appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hcBKpK64aDoSKRbY9wSi8cX7SgloPKKT/view?usp=share_link

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:59:50 PM »
An interesting track. The vocals sound like loops - forgive I'm way out of my depth with this kind of music so I could be totally wrong. I have EastWest Hollywood Backup Singers and I know you can do this kind of stuff with that program. Whatever, I think this is really well crafted and sounds very commercial to my old ears. I enjoyed the listen. :)

Mundane

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 12:40:39 PM »
Hi @ChrisPrice ....the vocals are indeed loops on this track...I was very deliberately trying to make it sound like it has all been created using clips, although in reality the only clips are the vocals.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:45:20 PM »
Hello

You should have got one of those velvet pads that wipe the dust off yer vinyl records for Christmas, as it’s quite noticeable at the start 😀 EDIT: and at the end 😀

It’s got a great vibe to it, this has…yeah, a tiny bit repetitive perhaps…but i never mind repeating something I enjoy.

I thought this was a great listen!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter