konalavadome

Song For The Brave

• 34 Replies

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »
I think MONTYDOG has nailed it - I wanted the story to "unfold" - ie you people - so what?

I think a bridge with some "redemption" or perhaps a controversial "and I loved it" would have added some extra spice to the track

The overall sound and vibe of the track was great - I loved the reverb on the vocal
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 12:19:49 AM »
Guess I never commented on this one, and now it looks like pretty much everything's been said. I'll just say I enjoyed the mellow sound and, while it probably isn't one I would add to my own repertoire, it is my style--kinda folky.

I am curious about the title: "Song for the Brave" ? I didn't read through the whole thread carefully before replying, so if it's already explained somewhere, sorry for missing it.

Vicki

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 01:59:10 AM »
Hey DelBoy

Good work on display here.
Lyrically and music-wise all stellar IMHO.
Reminded me of "Bad to the Bone" George Thoroughgood I think.
The protagonist doesn't seem bothered that he robbed all those poor souls.
I suppose there are ppl out there like that...

good job
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 06:25:56 AM »
Del - reall nice lyrical ideas here. I really like the idea that the only thing he doesn't take is chances. The matter of fact way that the story is told works well too - sounds like the narrator's totally happy or at least resigned to being the way they are.

I wonder if there might have been a way of showing that they are a thief without saying "I'm a thief". Though perhaps that contradicts what I just said. Anyhow, great delivery and a great listen.

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 09:55:39 AM »
Guitar's reminiscent of Floyd's Brain Damage and works really well with your voice. A great sound, with just guitar and vocals filling the space nicely.  ;D

Really like the lyrics - is it about an individual who's a mugger/burglar?  I'd like to think it was about our nefarious Chancellor, taking money from the unfortunate and disadvantaged to give it to his mates all in the name of austerity....   >:(