The Irish Famine (The Video)

• 25 Replies

Dogmax

« on: April 27, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
Hello Everyone

I posted this song before but im just after putting a video together for it so i hope you all don't mind me reposting it.

Some of you may remember i said i was putting a video together for the whale song but unfortunately i was having some problems with the picture quality so i left it alone for a while and done this instead, will now get back to it.

Anyway here the video for the Famine song lyrics on YouTube channel hope you enjoy and Thanks Everyone.

Peace To All Nations.

The Irish Famine

Looking out from her shores across the sea

The wind of change brings the smell of greed

And this is what she fear

When the famine curse lay upon her land

It was her people spirit that carry them along

While their bodies wither like autumn leaves

Many souls look on as their flesh decay

Oh she cries in silence as she feel their pain

This land her body lies in a dreadful state

Oh curse you she cries who are born out of greed

You seek my beauty my freedom my chosen people

Then you rape them of mind body and land

In a hell created by your evil minds

But destroy my spirit oh no I shall be free

Freedom is her but not stated in war

But in her hill her mountains her valleys her streams

Her rivers that run with no borders between

And her trees that whispers these words in her breeze

Oh my chosen people I will comfort your cries

For this I do know you all love me with pride

Looking out from her shores across the sea

The wind of change finally brings

The beautiful smell of peace

© copyright house all rights reserved

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:04:28 PM by Dogmax »

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
Pat this is amazing.......... i haven't heard it before.

so moving. so poetic. and the spoken word is perfect with the music - the rhythms and cadences sound just right.

beautiful instrumentation.

i love your voice as much for spoken word as for singing - love your accent...... i have to admit though there were one or two bits where i couldn't tune into the accent enough to catch the words. only once or twice though.

it's a really beautiful piece - and i'm really really glad you decided to repost it!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »
And here again you remind us that music is an art form, not a CD on a store shelf.
This is really special, and really good. Yeah forget genres and what sells for a bit (not that this wouldn't) and let's just all play music.

Super track Pat!
Paul

PS - can you pls post the lyrics?

Dogmax

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »
Pat this is amazing.......... i haven't heard it before.

so moving. so poetic. and the spoken word is perfect with the music - the rhythms and cadences sound just right.

beautiful instrumentation.

i love your voice as much for spoken word as for singing - love your accent...... i have to admit though there were one or two bits where i couldn't tune into the accent enough to catch the words. only once or twice though.

it's a really beautiful piece - and i'm really really glad you decided to repost it!

Thanks Becky really delighted you liked it this was my second song i wrote many years back it started of as a poem but as soon as i wrote it i started to put chords to it, i recorded this a few months before i started to post my songs on the Internet early last year so the pronunciation of some words is something that I've already started to work on with new recording that i have done, but i think i still have a bit of work to do   ;)

Again Becky really delighted you liked it means a lot.

Dogmax

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
And here again you remind us that music is an art form, not a CD on a store shelf.
This is really special, and really good. Yeah forget genres and what sells for a bit (not that this wouldn't) and let's just all play music.

Super track Pat!
Paul

PS - can you pls post the lyrics?

Thanks Paul i posted the lyrics, yeah art is what its really all about we're all artists here for whatever reason that may be and our craft is to create something that hopefully others will enjoy but the main enjoyment starts from within.

Really delighted you liked it Paul, Thanks again.

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

HOLY SHIT PAT, 

that choked me up,

I've said many times on here that is one of the best things I've heard / seen

well for me that is the best thing I've ever seen / heard on here it's AMAZING
 you have captured the whole struggle and the pain,
 the spoken word witch you do so well is perfect for this

the flute comes in and takes the whole thing over beautifully

I could go on and on with this it will take some beating I haven't heard this before

THANK YOU PAT FOR RE POSTING IT I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT

I think Ireland would be proud of you,

WELL DONE PAT

tony...

Dogmax

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »

HOLY SHIT PAT, 

that choked me up,

I've said many times on here that is one of the best things I've heard / seen

well for me that is the best thing I've ever seen / heard on here it's AMAZING
 you have captured the whole struggle and the pain,
 the spoken word witch you do so well is perfect for this

the flute comes in and takes the whole thing over beautifully

I could go on and on with this it will take some beating I haven't heard this before

THANK YOU PAT FOR RE POSTING IT I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT

I think Ireland would be proud of you,

WELL DONE PAT

tony...

Many Thanks Tony really appreciate your kind words means a lot to me.

I looked at loads of pages of photos for this video downloaded most of them and then putting them together with the lyrics, what i wanted was to visually capture the spirit of it all from the lows to the highs with the arm of peace reaching out in handshake from both sides.

Al Kelly is playing that wonderful flute which really lift the song to another level and with that sound it just had to be the spirit of the land in photos, the Man is a genius.

Still got another video to finish but as you know Mate, no rest for the wicked in this world Haha   ;D   anyway, with all this going on i haven't play the guitar in a while so if you have any lyrics that you think would suit my style then let me know.

Again Many Thanks Mate.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »
PAT FEELEY.

Thou  hath  delivered!  I thought  JFK would never be equalled or matched in its merit.......but  You  have done it  twice!   
               This is Pat Feeley at his best  &  The song is beautiful & has an lasting & outstanding quality.
the lyrics  are special  &  Your Voice!   Itz  amazin!    I could not do a Pat Feeley song  Its  so you! :)
Nice ambience & feel  I like the recording & the videos pretty effective too!

Proud! proud!  proud!            Stylus :)

I'm off abroad on Thursday  Keep smilin'                   :)

Dogmax

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 10:05:38 PM »
PAT FEELEY.

Thou  hath  delivered!  I thought  JFK would never be equalled or matched in its merit.......but  You  have done it  twice!   
               This is Pat Feeley at his best  &  The song is beautiful & has an lasting & outstanding quality.
the lyrics  are special  &  Your Voice!   Itz  amazin!    I could not do a Pat Feeley song  Its  so you! :)
Nice ambience & feel  I like the recording & the videos pretty effective too!

Proud! proud!  proud!            Stylus :)

I'm off abroad on Thursday  Keep smilin'                   :)

Stylus my Mate great to hear from you, Many Thanks for your kind words.

I thought you were abroad   ???  do you own an airline   ;D 

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »

hey pat,

i'll take a look through some lyrics and send you something to look at mate

speak soon

tony...

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »
Pat,
Wow sounding great with the guitar and vocals. You've improved loads. And then when the pipe and drums kick in it lifts it to another level.
 :) :) :)
Neil

ps my great great, great grandparents left Ireland in 1848... and on the 1851 census his occupation was an itinerant musician...

songwriter of no repute..

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »
I think I commented on this in another forum, but I just wanted to say again, how much I loved this with the video  :'(  it sad but also very empowering :)
I have roots in Ireland on my dads side, so I'm sure some of my ancestors lived through the famine :(

Dogmax

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
Pat,
Wow sounding great with the guitar and vocals. You've improved loads. And then when the pipe and drums kick in it lifts it to another level.
 :) :) :)
Neil

ps my great great, great grandparents left Ireland in 1848... and on the 1851 census his occupation was an itinerant musician...

Thanks Neil your words mean a lot to me Mate.

Itinerant musician isn't that amazing to know, I'm always fascinated with the history of the human race and how far we have come at the moment me and my brother are searching and finding information about our own family tree trying to piece everything together with what we always new and what we're finding out, Fascinating

Dogmax

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »
I think I commented on this in another forum, but I just wanted to say again, how much I loved this with the video  :'(  it sad but also very empowering :)
I have roots in Ireland on my dads side, so I'm sure some of my ancestors lived through the famine :(

Thanks Suzy really delighted you liked the video and the song and i remember you saying your family had roots in Ireland so Many Thanks for posting again means a lot to me.

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 12:14:27 AM »
really nice, great lyrics, the spoken word really suits the story, was that a flute that came in at 2:12 ? god i loved that! i wasnt expecting it too, only thing i might suggest wold be a little more of it :) maybe softly in the background? even just after its finished its instrumental, it could maybe play nice and soft back behind you...

i enjoyed this very much,
i'm guessing your irish from the song :) where are you from? i'm from Donegal :)
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)