We know what we want

• 13 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 02, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »
WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT
https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/we-know-what-we-want

Hi all,A song that picks up on the rise of populist leaders around the World. Stirring up prejudice and hatred to cynically further their quest for power. I know, another cheery upbeat song ;). I look forward to your usual erudite comments!

Cheers

Jamie

We know what we want

Why are you all waiting for your lynching party?
To carry out all of your demands
I am keeping my hands clean, you know what I mean
It's just the way I've always been

Politicians patronise us, they don't understand
We know what, what we want
Balancing their right and left they are gonna fall
You're the ones who'll have to stand tall

Staring out my window its all dirty and cracked
and my bank account has been hacked
Theres no discourse there's just savage attack
Plastic bargain basement party hacks

The sky is black and the stars still guide us
But now they're satellites
Military complex watched over us
As they gather data for the fight

Staring out my window its all dirty and cracked
and my bank account has been hacked
Theres no discourse there's just savage attack
Plastic bargain basement party hacks

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 07:04:17 PM »
Lovely jazzy piano chords to open @Jamie and fabulous melody as ever. What a cheery ditty indeed. This is another really well put together number, again slightly different and love the way that you do that. The only nit I had was that perhaps the vocals got a little lost at times, especially when you were singing in the lower registers. Fabulous stuff as ever Jamie  :)

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 01:05:28 PM »
Very beautiful melody, delicate, sad, moving ...
And although I was sad hearing it, I liked it a lot.
A special work that of this arrangement, maintaining the softness and the color that clothe the dirty reality

this line, and many others,
"Plastic bargain basement party hacks
it's crushing."

Good trackkkkkkk @Jamie

Stay safe.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Kafla

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 08:59:58 AM »
Great piano and pad intro @Jamie

Different vibe to what I’ve heard from you before...when the drums come in it all sits together beautifully...

I enjoyed this a lot but have no real criticism or suggestion to improve...I hope that’s ok lol

Your on a roll 👍🏻

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:42 AM »
Good work @Jamie, different to what I expected tbh but a nice change.  Great work on the keys, have to say that I prefer your voice in the higher registers, it's all good but higher up it's perfect!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:17:08 AM »
Hi Jamie, the piano riff is very cool and the verse melody is modern and catchy for a start. The song then builds really well due to your usual detailed approach, and everything meshes together extremely smoothly. Vocals are lovely.

I did think maybe the drum section didn’t receive the same detailed approach - is it pretty much the same all the way through? Maybe that element could help more with the build?

Just a thought, trying to be useful, ha, but it didn’t spoil my enjoyment of it. Another one for the platinum double album, no doubt. I really enjoy listening to your skilled technique as a musician and writer!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »
Hi  @Jamie

Something a little  different from you quite a melancholy little ditty, I really liked the piano, vocals and backing vocals, however, I thought the track dragged  a little when the drums came in, I think its the  snare sound and pattern that doesn't quite work IMO in this song.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:34 PM »
Love the deep vocals in particular - but it's all good.. Great playing, arranging and production as per.. Love the lyrics - interesting..

You always have such a lush sound - this one no different.. Sounds very pro..

Loved it!

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »
We want a top tune from Jamie every two weeks...that's what we want.

This fits the bill nicely.

I found an old Steve Gadd drum track cd I'd ripped on an old hard drive the other day...and had a quick listen. I was like a gerbil looking at a wrist watch. For some reason, I thought of you immediately as I couldn't make head nor tail of it!

Great piano and I love the way the bass interacts with it...grabs you right from the start.

Lovely vocals and really enjoyed the lyrics. Drums are crisp and very cool too.

I don't think there's a mediocre song or performance in you :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 06:27:25 PM »
@Jamie
Neat mid tempo number with your prog/pop style all over it: interesting chords, key changes, trademark vocals and good lyrics.  I liked the guitar when it came in.
Having read the lyrics I was expecting something a bit faster and more aggressive?
Going to have another listen
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@pompeyjazz
Hi John, thanks for some great comments! I think I know what you mean about losing the lower register power, but I think when you have sung it boatloads of times and you know the lyric, you hear it clearly anyway? Something to remember for next time!

@moraamarolaloba
Hi Mora, yes I like to clothe the dirty reality, what a great way to put it 8).Thanks for the kind words about the lyric, glad you enjoyed it!

@kafla
Hi Andy, no that's great, it's fun when people get what you're doing 8)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »
Hi thanks for listening!

@PeteS

Hi, It's interesting, when I first started posting here years ago, I often got comments about my singing.....'why do you sing it so high', 'why don you take it down a bit' etc etc Not sure what it means, just an observation :P.Glad you liked the piano.

@MichaelA

Cheers mate, great comments! I mostly use the drum loops in my DAW. Logic Pro X has functions that allow you to create a song/verse structure and then programme drum loops with variation. I have a kit but I'm a useless drummer, so any drum loop sounds good to me ;). Glad you enjoyed it!

@Grubstar
Hi, pleased you liked it.....mostly ;). see my comments above ref the drums. I don't think I do spend enough time thinking about drums..... :P.

@MonnoDB

Hi Karen, great comments for someone who knows what they're doing! I have a love/hate perspective of my low singing register, see previous comments....Glad you enjoyed the piano, as I respect your playing!

Thanks again!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 03:34:49 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@PaulAds

Hi Paul you are too kind mate! Steve Gadd, now theres a drummer and a half! Pleased you mentioned the bass as I think it really compliments the piano riff and stops it from being too samey!? Mediocre is my middle musical name....ask my wife ??? ::) :P :-X. Glad you enjoyed it!

@Neil C

Hi Neil, prog/pop, I've invented a new genre! How cool is that? 8) Great comments Neil ,glad you got something from it!

Cheers and, thanks for listening!

Jamie

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »

Hi, It's interesting, when I first started posting here years ago, I often got comments about my singing.....'why do you sing it so high', 'why don you take it down a bit' etc etc Not sure what it means, just an observation :P.Glad you liked the piano.

Haha I'm familiar with that Jamie!  I think it shows what a wide range of tastes there are here which is really useful.  I guess the thing is to pick out the bits you identify with and that you can learn something from and ignore the rest. At least that's what I do ;D

Either way, keep it up!

Cheers
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial