konalavadome

Isle of Wight festival

• 5 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
On the way over to the freindly 3 day festival with my lovely wife and friends and to be honest I'm slightly torn: no guitars ( always come on holidays ) no studio, ltd Internet and access to forum :-(
Still on balance seeing some class acts ( Weller, the killers etc ) and some only known to my teenage kids will I hope be inspiring and I'll be back fresh and full of ideas next week. :-) Neil
songwriter of no repute..

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
Have a magical time, I am very envious. Terry.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
3 days of wall-to-wall music. Sounds perfect. Enjoy the festival Neil, and be sure to report back :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
I was like meh it's just the isle of white festival and THEN I saw the line up...
PALOMA FAITH, EMELI SANDE, NEWTON FAULKNER, THE SCRIPT, LITTLE MIX, LAWSON, RIZZLE KICKS, FUN AND THE KILLERS.
What is life!? :'(
Someone sing along to Mr. Brightside for me!
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »
Tone , as requested.
A bit tired but v good time was had by all. Sunshine not rain, maybe a few less people with some pretty consistent performances. For me the Killers and Blondie were highlights, Paloma was way better than I expected and then there was acoustic B Rhapsody from N Faulkner  ;D [ note his 24/7 studio webcam http://studiozoo.newtonfaulkner.com]

Anyway the main thing I noted, apart from less urban acts on the main stage, was how rock, pop and dance was sort of merging - with the straight 4-to-the-floor bass drum, sub-bass bass guitar overlaid with simpler repeating melodies/chords. We then has usual festival call & response crowd engagement and the need to have novelty additional drums for whacking ( Bastille to Imagine Dragons ).
Anyway off to try to modernise/dumb down my next song...
 :) :)
Neil   
songwriter of no repute..