If You Could Hear A Cover By Any Artist, Who Would It Be?

• 6 Replies

anthonyceseri

• Busker
    • Success For Your Songs
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
If you could hear any artist covering any song, who would you pick to play what... and why?

I don't even have a solid answer for this myself except to say I'd love to hear two totally different styles juxtaposed. That's why I always loved Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams. 

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
I would love to hear Laura Marling doing a cover of The killing moon by Echo and the bunnymen.
I bet she would really do it justice in her own style.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »
It's a weird and impossible one but I reckon The Beatles (psychadelic era) covering Viva La Vida by Coldplay would be pretty special.  :D

Why do so many established artists (eg Mick Hucknall, Rod Stewart) feel the need to churn out so many covers? (I mean whole albums of lazy re-hashed old rubbish!) Covers can be good, but they need to be original in their interpretation to be Great.

Kafla

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »
Neil Finn covering 'Ghosts'  ;)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
Why do so many established artists (eg Mick Hucknall, Rod Stewart) feel the need to churn out so many covers? (I mean whole albums of lazy re-hashed old rubbish!) Covers can be good, but they need to be original in their interpretation to be Great.

To make money and leave more time for golfing and antiquing
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
Tom Waits - Back for good (Take That) would be simply astonishing.

Neil Finn covering 'Ghosts'  ;)
Is that one of yours Kaf? Cheeky answer! ;p
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

anthonyceseri

• Busker
    • Success For Your Songs
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
These are all really good answers.

It's a weird and impossible one but I reckon The Beatles (psychadelic era) covering Viva La Vida by Coldplay would be pretty special.  :D

Your Beatles suggestion is REALLY interesting... good call. Hell that era of the Beatles covering anything contemporary would be cool...

And I agree on the overuse of covers. Especially when there are entire albums of covers. Like GnR's Spaghetti Incident.