konalavadome

Poll

Would you be interested in a monthly/quarterly song contest?

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 30, 2021, 01:47:33 PM

Monthly / Quarterly Song Contest

• 1 Replies

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:47:33 PM »
I previously posted this in the Competitions section and it got 100% support: unfortunately, 100% was only 4 votes! Hence, I am posting here, since this gets the most traffic ( hope that's okay), to see if we can get broader interest.

I know we have the "Forum Favourites" but I just wanted to see if there would be interest in a monthly/ quarterly contest with a slightly different format.

A few suggested rules:

1. Anyone can enter any of their songs, but only one into each contest. I think this is important, as it allows people to enter rather than wait to be nominated, plus they can enter songs that are truly finished rather than just submitted for critique.

2. We would use the Poll mechanism to collect votes, using some form of Proportional Representation e.g. each voter can vote for up to three songs, equally weighted. This will make counting simple and transparent. Any forum member can vote

3. Winnings songs get collated into a "Showcase" section (and are perhaps made available on Bandcamp under the UK Songwriting Forum banner).

4. We may choose to have a "theme" for some competitions (along the lines of the current Headline Challenge)

I would appreciate votes and thoughts. If there is sufficient interest, I will take the lead on hosting the first ( and possibly second and third) contests.

Thanks,

Kevin

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »
Hi @kevysc

Great idea. Agree with all your points apart from the theme idea which I think straight-jackets it too much. We have separate theme song competitions for those who want to do that.

All the best if you go ahead with the first one  ;D

M