konalavadome

Awake

• 19 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 09:57:24 PM »
Nice descending chord patterns Kev; the whole thing feels balanced and subtly produced.  Your voice sounds fantastic - both the lead Vox and the well-judged double tracks, especially the BVs towards the end with the big reverb on them.  I like the positivity of the chorus lyrics too.  Yes, if we can all grow old like Dave B did, we'll do alright.
It's all too beautiful.

The Holographic Rodeo

• Open Mic
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »
Speaking of Mr Bowie, I think I hear a bit of influence there in the vocal performance too? Nice guitar motif and the melody fits over the top of it really well too. Great job!

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
This is Fantastic! Love the melody line, acoustic guitars sound great
And as usual your vocals are top notch. really enjoyed this one, well done Kevin!

Ray

jonlint

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 06:04:32 AM »
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing.  Really like this!  Nice fresh chord progression.  Great vocal performances.  Nice dynamics too.  You have a lot of subtle parts mixed in there that add a lot of character - nice job!

- Backing vocals are really cool but a little to loud to me - less so for the oohs.  I would back them off say 1-3 dB.  At the same time, I would compress the lead vocals a touch more.  Maybe add try adding say 3dB compression with a CLA-2A
- I would increase about of de-esser for the vocals
- The drums sound quite "canned" - not bad at all but could be remixed and maybe reprogrammed with some more variations to add a little more character - not easy I know
- The ending could be improved to me - no specific ideas there I am afraid.

Hope this helps.  Great job!  Stay safe.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »
Hi @kevysc, There's definitely a hint of Bowie to the vocal in places.  Never noticed that before in your songs but went back and listened to a few and it definitely creeps in from time to time.  I guess there are worse people to sound a little like eh  ;D ;D

It's a lovely song, the vocal is excellent and has some great BVs which help is build the different parts.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial