konalavadome

AI

• 7 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

AI

« on: January 27, 2023, 09:43:24 AM »
As @MichaelA mentioned AI recently, I wondered if anyone had been playing around with the variety and f free AI apps that are available. Chat GPT is a hoot. Ask the bot anything. I asked it to write some lyrics with hilarious results. Dal-e is an AI art application. Again you can ask the app to produce some art declaring the subject and style. It’s pretty entertaining and I’ve used some of the art as cover art on SoundCloud. Would be interesting to hear your experiences

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 10:04:00 AM »
Interesting @pompeyjazz, I’ll have a look at those apps. There’s an AI Song Contest now, apparently. This song won the 2021 best song award.

Decent enough chorus, but weird structure - which I thought would be the easiest bit for AI to tackle. I wonder if the songwriting AI Bots will get their own forum together?  ;D AIsongwriters.com?
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 10:13:22 AM »
That is strange @MichaelA Especially the “Bot identifying as male” voice. Clever stuff those. If you start messing around with those apps you might find yourself whiling away a few hours !!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 10:24:33 AM »
I know, you’re right! Will avoid for now for my own good.

But I did mess around with an Alexa style voice a few years ago if you remember. …four years according to Soundcloud  :D

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 10:27:29 AM »
Couldn’t get edit to work when messing up the link above, damn it…

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 12:18:47 PM »
@pompeyjazz @MichaelA - I can only talk fro myself...I try and avoid Artificial Insemination, as I can think of more favourtable alternatives  8)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 12:40:06 PM »
Ooh…fascinating topic!

I think we’re nearly there already.

Most human reactions, idiosyncrasies and emotions are being so carefully cultivated and regimented these days that an awful lot of people don’t even realise they’re mostly just regurgitating the twaddle they’ve been spoon-fed.

If you look at the news…and what’s in the news…and why it’s in the news, I think it’s quite clear what a desperate state we’re in.

I think that most “content” in modern life seems to be written and produced, or at the very least commissioned/permitted by committees of interested parties, honed and marketed carefully towards a specific demographic in such an expert fashion…and the number of dissenting voices is gradually whittled away until the day comes when nobody ever goes off-script.

If we were being governed by people who had mankind’s best interest at heart, that’d be fine and dandy, however…

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Wicked deeds

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 11:37:41 AM »
ah, there's no need to write ever again!   Where is all of this heading?  Maybe in the future, most writers will down tools, machines will take over as the new performers, poets, and romantics etc until curiosity arises and an old fashioned writer who writes from the heart, encompassing his/her human experience will step forward.  Maybe then our curiosity will wish to discover the beautiful connundrum of what it is to communicate the thoughts and emotions of a single human being. Isn't that the attraction of writing and and listening to music; to know that there are other people who share the same emotions intrinsic to their hopes and fears?  To glimpse into the human soul, and observe how it is can be compassionate; how a person can love.  Now that is true wonder!

All fascinating and I must admit to being curios about the potential but I do hope that it doesn't eclipse the work of individuals.

Wicked