100K Listens on Spotify

• 15 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:18:04 AM »
Not quite yet (it updates once a day and is currently showing as 98,803 listens) but should hit 100K according to my calculations whilst I'm away on holiday over the weekend.

Holy freaking cow, Batman!

One of the songs I wrote with Groove Nazar is about to hit the 6-figure listening mark on Spotify and (a) I can't freaking believe it! and (b) if you'd have asked me when I joined this forum that something like this could have happened to me I would have told you that you were flying off with the fairies!

The song is called Witchcraft and is a song about being in love with somebody who just has you so in their grasp that you can't live without them.

I want to thank such forum alumni as @Boydie , @pompeyjazz , @shadowfax , @PaulyX , @cowparsleyman just to name a few who helped give me the confidence to pursue my dreams at this advanced age! You're beautiful, guys, and I really couldn't have done it without your input and encouragement. Also, other members of the forum who have had my back. Y'all are bloody diamonds!

btw... if any of you know of any singers/bands who could do with one of the best lyricists in the world (okay, I'm pushing that a little! :P ) please point them in my direction...

This really is a wonderful forum. I'm really glad I took the plunge and joined up. It really has changed my life.

- Martin.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:19:47 AM by Sterix »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 08:02:07 AM »
This is absolutely AMAZING news Martin  ( @Sterix )

The forum (and the world!) is in a funny place right now, so it is great to hear some real success stories

The actual achievement itself is fantastic - but I think the most exciting thing for you now is that “success breeds success” - and having a song with 100k streams is great for the CV when pitching for further work or a publishing deal  ;)

You deserve the success and I am sooooooooo pleased for you and that the forum played a (small) part  ;D

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »
@Sterix - Congratulations indeed Martin, You blimmin deserve every one of those plays, it's hard enough to write good music, let along "the dark side" that are lyrics, ask any musician and lyrics can compromise the best song ever written, although some artists make full use of strange rhythms/vowel sounds, Bowie was one, who had the knack of lyric mangling.

Got any other projects on the go?

A skip load of congratulations Man

Bloody Diamond No.4

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 06:45:59 PM »
Yes mate that's actually fantastic to hear! Well done with a the hard work and hope the good outcomes continue! :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 07:44:45 PM »
That's fantastic @Sterix - delighted for you.. how thrilling!!!

Enjoy the success and may you continue to get those wonderful words of yours recorded!

K

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:05:16 AM »
Congratulations mate! That’s fantastic news! I’m really happy for you.🤩🎶👊🏻🎶 I will have to check out the track.👍🏻

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 01:33:57 PM »
Well done man,that's a cool deal.   8)

I've more or less given up on Spotify as a platform,it seems impossible (for me) to get any decent amount of plays,but then I never use it to listen so I can't really complain.   ;D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 06:16:39 PM »
That's fabulous. I bet the real number is more with YouTube and other platforms. All power to your arm - you seem to be very tenacious and apply high standards to everything you do.
You are getting a great portfolio of songs together with these groups.
Brillliant stuff and I hope just the beginning.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »
Congratulations 😀

There are some great lyricists here. Over the years, I’ve enjoyed their wit and guile, fascinating insights into the human condition, cryptic genius, heart-wrenching tragedies, laugh-out-loud hilarity and howls of outrage…there has been stuff that I’ve had to wrack my brains to get a handle on. I have often wished I’d been able to have written some of what I’ve read here.

One of my school reports read “although Pauls exam result was good*, it was not the best in the class^. There is always room for improvement, particularly in his attitude, which needs to change drastically~”

Even though she was a vindictive bitch with an irrational hatred of an admittedly wilfully problematic 12 year old with what appeared to be an oversized jacket potato on his permanently-shrugged shoulder, I figured that it was important to endeavour to retain some perspective…

I was recently taking to a guy who was getting ticked-off by his wife for giving in to his grandkids all the time…she said “it’s not a good idea to let them think they can always get what they want” and I told him that the grandkids had a whole life ahead of them where they would very rarely get what they want, and so they all ought to enjoy it while it lasts.

Anyway…well done!

*an “A”
^it was 2nd best
~it never did
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 10:06:15 AM »
Man how cool is that 🤩

You are a superstar mate….huge congratulations ❤️

Wicked deeds

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 08:30:26 AM »
@sterix, Well done! Here's to the next 100K.   :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 08:05:55 AM »
That is awesome!!! 8) good for you!!! 8) I'm stillhaving probs getting on the site to see your lyrics though!..help! :-[
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 02:24:45 PM »
I've just come back from the work's anual camping do and it has indeed gone through the 100k barrier in that time. I'm stoked!

devilhoned

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2022, 07:43:20 PM »
Dunno Sterix your work`s `anual camping do` got me worried there. Congrats. I like Groove Nazar,lead vocalist is great,and of course,outstanding lyrics.