Pink Floyd - wish you were here

• 4 Replies

Kafla

« on: November 12, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »
This is one of my favourite ever songs

But I am always left frustrated that the chorus part " how I wish...." is only sung once then a lengthy instrumental

Anyone else wish they sung the chrous again or do you like the ambient outro?

Any other songs you wish another part was repeated?

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
I can see what you mean Kaf. I love this song too. It's littered with great, almost uncomfortable lines (did you Exchange the walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage?)

For me though its all about that guitar riff. Easily one of the most iconic guitar parts ever. I rip off that acoustic-slide bit constantly!

Our problem is that we're just two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year...

Also Pulse tour Comfortably Numb has the best solo EVER. The only con with it is that it ends!

Peter
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
I love comfortable numb!

And almost eveything they ever did

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »
One of my favourite bands too. Wish you were here was one of the first non-Beatles song

I wanted to learn how to play.

I like it as it is :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:09:57 AM »
I've always said that although Floyd aren't even my favourite band, this is just about the most perfect album I've ever had the privilege to listen to. It is a beautifully and lovingly crafted artwork that would rival any great masterpiece in terms of completeness - from the songwriting, to the performance; the arrangements to the mix. Dammit, even the album cover is a joy to behold. Dave Gilmour and Nick Mason have both said that it is the best Floyd album, although Roger Waters has always regretted not being able to sing the lead vocal on Have A Cigar himself. I wouldn't change any of it. It never fails to impress me.